It isn't a social game anymore?) (on casual lvl)

Ok, it’s not like topic says, but it seems to become much much less social
A little background about me - until Cataclysm I have played hardcore both PVE and PVP, since Cataclysm I had to leave the game because of real life and I came back in this expansion as an extremely casual player
And what I found… I found that people almost absolutely don’t interact with each other as it was in the past days. Of course, I talking only about casual part of the game, what happened in the end game content(progress race/rating arena) right now I almost have no idea, guess it’s fine
And as I see the biggest reason is the dungeon finder(and relative). In the past days to do almost everything in the game you were almost forced to interact with other people, even with the first version of dungeon finder(introduced in LK). You had to introduce yourself, write messages to many people, write to global chats, meet other people, just to get some party and be able to do some dungeons, quests, pvp or just get some fun. And because of this, even if you are total introvert you always communicate with other people and did together many things in the game. But right now with this new dungeon (and right now even raid, arena and everything) finder you just add yourself to queue, get some random party, silently achieve your goal (complete dungeon, get some gear, finish the quest…) and leave that party. Yeah I get that all these changes help to casual and new players to get some gear, go through the content etc, but for me it’s almost doesn’t see as a social game anymore. You just have some “avatars” with whom you may build a quick party to achieve a goal, in the same way it can be replaced with bots instead of real people and nothing changed
And over thing that I found as a problem to social activities in the game - all these daily stuff added to the game(world quests etc). Ok ok this is also a content and it’s also help to casual/new players to be busy with something but… but it’s takes whole focus of players on them. In the past days in free time or as a casual player what you can do? You may go play some bg, or find a party and go to the dungeon, or mb go to the gates of Orgrimmar and do some duels, or go to gang someone solo or with party, but after a gang it’s often switch to a big conflict with help of region chat. Anyway, almost everything what you was able to do goes through interaction with other people. But nowadays (as a casual player) even if I want to, in many ways I almost cut off from any interactions with other people. You just log in, do solo some daily world quests, for group quests you quickly automatically find a random party with whom silently did it and leave, easily gear up (looking only on one number - ilvl) doing all there available opportunities which easy to finish even for noobs as I’m right now and that’s all, you are already spent a little free time which you have for a game as a casual player
I guess all this is just useless cry like - “in my days…”, Isn’t it?)

3 Likes

I didn’t read all the post, but I got the gist of what you’re saying. Everybody who has played the game from the early days knows the game is now less social and it’s a big part of why a lot of people are looking forward to classic. There are other aspects that have made the game less enjoyable and there are things that have improved the game. But yes, overall I think the game being easier to find groups/teams is a bad thing. Back in the day even I had to behave myself in trade chat or I wasn’t getting into a group, finding that prof guy I needed etc.

2 Likes

No man it is not useless.
The game is currently dogshi, it is really really bad.

By actual gaming definition wow is not even an mmo any more.
This game is now exactly like say destiny, or the division not that they are looter shooters no, that each one wow included is “mmo lite” is what they con it it.

MMORPG means lots of players on a single game world, well wow is no longer on a single game world, your server now means jack shi and you can dimension hop to “other worlds” when ever you want and sometimes when you do not want.

This causes your social problems to get worse because you basically will never see the people you come across ever again. Each person is a bot and everyone knows it so why bother talking to a stranger you will never see again???

Game devs these days have not a single clue on what makes a good game and this is the result, a piece of golden shi which instead of being designed to be good is designed to psychologically manipulate you into getting addicted to the various gimicks in the game made to give you dopamine drops.

That is the sad truth.
Look at the latest patch up coming, instead of implementing ways to interact or increase social stuff in game you get better more easy ways to get good gear… OOOOO I BETTER STAY SUBBED IN NAJATAR I CAN BE HEROIC GEARED WITHOUT RAIDING :D:D.

The “story” is crap and always has been.

wow was famous because of its community and the game forcing you to be apart of it.

The gameplay has always been bad for a “game”.
I mean think this yes, if this is the same type of game as destiny 2 why the fuc should i play wow when destiny 2 is, harder, faster, better?
Its exactly as anti social.
Same dungon finder, same shi ty battleground/arena system.
Same shi ty open world sharding.
At least the gameplay is better though.

There’s one hope though mate, classic.
Suuuureeee been there done that but with everyone not being shi and the hardware also being better i think it will be different.
I think gameplay wise ofc its trash!
MMORPG WISE?! it will be as amazing as it ever was.

ht
tps://discord.gg/mq6DJJR

Join our server discord if you want the chance to maybe come across people you once knew. We will organise a server to join.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.