It takes longer to que for a solo shuffle than sitting in lfg XD

Yeah, i know… and i despise the double standards as well. Can’t play arena 3v3 dps only, can’t play arena with tank instead of healer…
In the end we don’t play at all because of queues and that’s the reality. We have to compromise else it won’t work.

Or they can outright remove healers from soloshuffle since no one wants to play them anyways. win win

1 Like

I don’t know, I don’t feel like I improve a lot in solo shuffle. From my friends I get valid critism and suggestions for improvements and vice versa, it feels a lot easier to improve that way than doing all of that on your own. Like what value do I get out of the situation: I get stunned in the opener, I trinket, I get stunned again and one of my dds dies now.

This is Overwatch 1 role queue all over again. Nobody wants to support/tank so lets introduce rolequeue. Wtf why do I have to wait for 20 minutes for a game now surprised Pikachu face. Also nerf supports because I got double tapped by Kiriko when I’m flanking with Genji, I don’t want supports to be able to fight back :rage:

Not remove, it doesn’t need to. Just allow 3v3 DPS only matches in the mix. The queues will get much lower. Still people complain when someone suggests it.

That can work too, but might aswell cut the tumor from the game which is the healers.
And balance around triple dps

Mfw months ago I and many others were told that Soloqueue would fix the arena experience for the pug community and that we were biased naysayers for implying that it would be anything other than a resounding success.

It would have been a success if they allowed tanks to take the place of healers and allow triple dps games.

2 Likes

If by a success you mean glorified Dynasty Warriors where every lobby between 0 and 1900 MMR consists of nothing but sixtuple melee, ye.

I don’t understand how you on a DK of all classes seemingly enjoy the notion of healerless lobbies but I hope that everyone is eventually given what they want nonetheless. I bet you’ll love dying during a Disarm, kek.

1 Like

If you queue goes longer than 15 minutes, leave queue and queue again.

Ok, that’s another issue. If the game is unbalanced and some specs are broken that’s another thing.
The thing is… let’s be honest here. It’s a “fun/lols” mode, that you can gear up so you won’t get gated about gear in other brackets or you won’t be underpowered against PvErs and high rated PvPers in a casual BG.
The point is, fast queues, more games, easier gearing…
If you want rating push, voice coms , chain CC and not chaotic environment there are other 3 brackets to play.
Yes there is rating involved, but stepping in a random “all goes” with the rating in mind is not actually logical … Unless we are talking about a player that can carry games on their own in general up to a rating.

1 Like

Hello champions.

We have identified an issue with the Solo Shuffle matchmaking algorithms that is causing issues with various PvP Group Finder queues. We are currently working to address the issue and we will provide an update once a fix has been finalized.

15 Likes

Thanks for addressing this! In the meantime, what should players be doing? If we’re in a queue beyond a certain length of time should we just re-queue? Any other workarounds at all?

Just got into a match after sitting in a queue for over an hour and it immediately ended in a draw… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

that is good to hear, every dps should try play a healer at some point

i am glad to see more players are concidering educating themselves more about the game and becoming a better player themselves and even contributing in better balancing of classes and the ratios of different class roles in this game

even do themselves a favor by making the optimized choise for more gametime for themselves, this truely is good thing

1 Like

I tried. Even more - I mained heal role all this years before. But Im done. Its unfun now. Too stressfull for me. Even while playing my beloved mw that is finally strong I feel that one mistake and Im dead.

1 Like

i literally can’t fathom why people didn’t see this coming, there has always been 5x times more damage players than healers in pvp, there’s a reason why you could literally hop into groups in lfg as a healer, so why would you think all of a sudden that you’d wait 3 mins for the matchmaker to find you a healer? this has been said multiple times in the numerous “add soloQ blizzard!1!!11!” threads over the years.

it’s literally the same issue ppl are facing with tanks in m+, and the same issue with tanks in the og overwatch and now with supports in ow2. when there’s such a imbalance on role representation you gotta wait. unless they hard rework arenas, the solo shuffle concept to make it 4v4/5v5 or healers no matter the incentive you won’t get much more healers queuing, because even after 15 years healers are vastly outnumbered in arenas compared to damage dealers. outside of little fixes like giving rating even when there’s a leaver, adding some small rewards for healers, they can’t do crap unless they tweak the matchmaker to favor q times which will make the experience even worse over time.

2 Likes

LFG at this point is actually better if you really care about time investment. Because with LFG you search/wait for like 1 hour to get a decent healer. But the CHANCE is there that you can queue with that person for some hours and not just 6 very quick hyper fast solo shuffle rounds that take all less than a minute. 6-10 minutes max. for ONE solo shuffle match. But you wait 45-60 minutes (some people even waited for 3 hours… at some point!)

After that one match you are back to queue again for 45+ minutes to get into another match that maybe lasts 6 minutes or the CHANCE somebody leaves and it ends even earlier and you gain nothing for you timeinvestment.

Blizzard really needs to understand this already, for years I am preaching this, it is NOT fun game design if you need to invest like 5 times more time for waiting/searching compared to the actual PLAY time. This is an issue for random BGs for YEARS now btw. And it starts to being an issue again, because random BGs queue times are back to 10-15 minutes for me instead of the 2-4 at the start of the expansion/season.

Times change, 15 years ago I would’ve been fine to pay monthly fee and wait for FUN game modes etc. But lets be real, WoW isn’t what it used to be and less and less players are willing to sit infront of their monitor and wait/search for hours just to have 10 minutes of gameplay and on top of all that it has the monthly cost still…

The game is non functional PvP wise since 1 week already. I can not even farm any rating in solo shuffle because I am not willing to sit there waiting 1 hour for the queue to pop for every match…

1 Like

I don’t mind waiting 30+ mins as DPS, but you have to do something about leavers. Why does everyone get 0 rating if someone leaves after 5/6 matches? It’s such a waste of time when this happens.

3 Likes

Nerf sp
Nerf warlock
Nerf dh
Nerf evoker healer

8 Likes

Survivability gut nerfed 5 times for 50% which was way to much. It should be 25%.

Stop complaining about warlock, learn to counter him. I hate fighting lock, too. But i know how to deal with them.

1 Like