Item Restoration not working

Hello,

For the past few days I’ve been trying to restore a mistakenly disenchanted item using the WoW Item Restoration self-service portal. Unfortunately every attempt of accessing https://eu.battle.net/support/en/restoration/characters ends with:

Something went wrong on our end

An error has occurred. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later.

With a random GUID for the Error Code.

I’ve submitted a web ticket but have gotten no response so far.

No matter what browser I use, no matter if add-ons are disabled or enabled I keep getting the same error. Is the self-service portal broken for anyone else or just for my account?

1 Like

It seems to be working for me … can you try clearing your browser cache though, if you’ve tried different browsers, that may not be the problem. If that doesn’t work, I’m afraid you’ll need to wait for a response to your ticket.

Thanks for testing. It might have something to do with my account having multiple WoW accounts under it, but it wasn’t a problem when I last used the Item Restoration a few months back…

Heya,

My personal account has quite a few WoW accounts under it as well, and I can use the restoration service without any trouble. Could you try using a different browser completely? if you have several installed already, please make sure to refresh the cache first.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

I’ve tried Chrome, Firefox on both Windows 10 and Linux. With add-ons, without add-ons, in private modes. All result in the same error.

I’ve had the same error for the past couple of days, tried emptying the cache and using two different browsers but nothing seem to work.

Thank you for trying that. In that case, please contact support directly so they can help out.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

i got same error

An error has occurred. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later.
Blizzard Support Home

Error code:

a58e1750-591e-43c1-9a1b-603887e772e7

So my ticket got a reply after 2 days of waiting: “try it in Internet Explorer lol”.

Edit:
While I got my item restored manually by a GM the Item Restoration system is still not working, but the issue has been escalated, apparently.

So the solution for now is to make a ticket whenever the system fails to work and wait a few days for your item…

1 Like

i got the same problem and i tried it with 3 diffrent browsers.

Just for the future, when you make tickets for technical problems … or any problem really … it’s best to say exactly what you’ve already tried because, unless you do, the GM won’t know and will always suggest the basic stuff first.

Blizzard Support Home

Error code:e95c0d12-acb0-41c1-84f1-9c779c3f6c3f

tried linux, windows ios, osx all the same erors with different browsers and os’es

I’ve done that.

Also why does this forum keep switching characters every time I log in…

Not working here either!

[Blizzard Support Home](https://eu.battle.net/support/en/)

Error code:51f9a751-fb48-4586-b787-663a30987ed2

Same, it haven’t been working for days. I’ve tried Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome.

i contacted a gm he said

While I would honestly love to return the item to you, as it was sold to a vendor I cannot I am afraid to say. We have a self service system in place that can restore items when mistakenly sold or deleted that players can use in cases such as this.

Not working here either, I tried internet explorer and chrome. Pretty sure it’s blizzard own end.