Item Restoration page won't load

hey there!

few days ago i accidently sold a waist item by accident and for the past 3 days i’ve been trying to load the restoration page but it only loads like 8 items and then the rest of the page just continues to load until it eventually crashes. I’ve tried this on chrome and explorer and deleted cache and cookies on both and its still not working =/

I wrote a ticket and blizz got back to me saying they tried it they’re end and its working fine so im not sure what else to do, seems easier to just try n replace the item now, if anyone else has the same issue or any ideas to resolve it please let me know!

Thank you
Dak

3 Likes

I can only confirm that it works just fine here (Firefox).

If you have any adfilters (either in your browser or router) active you could try disabling those or whitelisting Blizzard’s site and see if that helps.

I would also suggest using some other browser than Internet Explorer to test (eg. try Firefox or Edge).

ok thank you! although the other strange thing i have recently discovered is when i check the restore list on any other character the list loads straight away it just doesn’t seem to load when i try it on my main =/

As Grelier mentioned, trying on another browser would be a good place to start, or even another device, like a laptop or phone, just to rule out as many possibilities as possible.

Did you try to delete cache and cookies from chrome before trying?

Hi there,
Dear @Galcavon and all Blizzard moderators,
Based on a deep search in the forum :

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/item-restoration-doesnt-work-on-certain-characters/141238
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/item-restoration-stuck-at-loading/216083
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/item-restoration-issue/347102
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/restoration-item-page-down/212918/9

And my knowledge in programming, I assume this is a technical bug from Blizzard. That’s a common issue in programming JavaScript library paging methods.

If you sell items in a logical amount, the website works just perfect. And that’s why blizzard programmers have not tracked the problem yet.
BUT the problem appears when you sell too many items before restoration (e.g. A LOT OF TRASH ITEMS from raids or dungeons chain). I guess more than 17-25 pages.

Blizzard gets the complete list of those items “all at once” from servers without setting a LIMIT. Then sends it to the Client side to do the paging through a JS framework; Now, If this data is extensive, your browser crashes no matter how fast your PC or network is.

I guess the only solution is that Blizzard put a limit on fetching data from the server side and retrieve data page by page (e.g. 100 SELECT per page) and not send such a heavy response to the poor client’s browser to render :frowning:

[[[[ I declare this is just a theory based on my personal experiences, and having the same issue with this post. It can be wrong, but worth checking it! ]]]]]

• I replied to this old post because that was the first result in Google and the most viewed thread about this issue. I hope it helps both Blizzard and gamers.

Thank you for making great moments for us :heart:

3 Likes

Have the same issue. Stuck in a loop AND not all items are in the list. Can only see a few WOTLK items but all tbc items.

Checked with different browsers

edit: The problem only occurs on my mainchar where I sold a huge amount of items.

2 Likes

IT’S BACK BABY. Lets pay more dollars for them to fix nothing. Jesus.

Same here. Wasn’t able to restore a weapon that I accidentally sold to a vendor. It just never showed up on the restore list even though I know I sold it (I looked back on my own stream VODs and can literally see myself selling it…lol) Other items that I sold after do show up…

I have the same issue, disenchanted alot while leveling to 80, deleted some wrong items later, they are not showing! 20 days response on tickets. Blizzard please fix this issue, as you are aware of it!

Deleted an Item accidently (Epic dagger) with Leatrix Plus. This page simply does not work. Well seems like blizzard doesnt make enough money from us so they just dont repair their own systems.

Also I am waiting already 6 days on a ticket. They simply dont give a f***!!!

I have 20 pages. Page 1,5,6,7,8,9,10 loads the items. Only the items that I want to restore which is on page 2,3,4 doesnt loading up and in a loop forever. Tried every other possible option. Another browser, another pc, mobile, different isp. nothing works…

1 Like

Hey, I had the same issue with items loading forever on certain pages.

I was able to resolve the issue by buying alot of green items of the AH and then deleting them, this would add to the list and push the desired items of the troubled pages, and then they would load.

Just remember to clear cache every time you deleted some items.

It took some trial and error and I would recommend deleting 1 item at a time, because the list acts a bit weird.

Hope this helps.