Item Restoration

Why is it that the seach function was removed from this site ? ( item restore )… I run a ton of 5 mans to complete the AlltheThings addon list, having to scroll though 3500 items or 336 pages to restore 1 item i accidently sold is pure **********************************. Is there any way to get some feedback ( on why that was removed ) or atleast the seach function back on the page, even somekind of sorting the items would be cool.

Regards Dezip

Ctrl + F is your friend.

That would be cool… but you dont see more then 10-15 or so items per page ( unless i missed something )

So you still gotta scroll though pages to look, instead of just having a seach bar ( where you type in name of item ) and it scans all 336 pages ( what i just had ) for the item im looking for.

And its not like they diden have the item seach before on there before, it just got removed out of the blue.

You misunderstand.

The search bar has been missing for a while, and I do recall other players asking about it in the past.

Given that its been missing for a while its most likely NOT a bug, and is intentional. That means its not likely to return just because you asked about it.

So you are going to have to find another solution until it does return, and ctrl + F (activates the browsers own search function), would be your best solution for the interim.

1 Like

Yea, like Troviak said, CTRL+F is the way to go.
If it doesn’t find anything click to load the next page and press CTRL+G to search again, and repeat.

I get that a search bar would be useful, but considering the item restoration tool is a last resort (which hopefully you’d almost never need), i wouldn’t really consider it a big deal.

I’m sure you’re aware but remember that in most cases you can buy back accidentally sold items in game too, if you notice early enough.

I get that you can ctrl+f and buyback stuff from the vendor ( and its a last resort, the restore tool ) and the huge deal part, maybe not for you. But having to scroll though 336 pages with ctrl+F is still stupid, when they USE to have a seach bar there.

So the main thing i was asking for, was WHY was the feature removed in the first place. But i guess we wont get that told to us ever and just gotta live with a worse system, then what they had in the first place.

True, i doubt anyone here could answer that.

I’d guess that some backend change was made and given the choice between either updating the search function or removing it altogether they went for the latter. A lot of features seem to have disappeared that way during the Armory overhaul as well.

I guess someone could whip up a greasemonkey userscript to bring the search bar back.

Hey Sandsh,

The filter option has indeed been disabled intentionally, as it was causing some problems. This might be brought back in the future, when those issues can be addressed. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

It was mostly Dezip who was missing the feature.
i guess us warriors all look alike :stuck_out_tongue:

Appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:

The whole item restoration is sooo badly implemented. They pull the WHOLE list of items (137+ pages) on front end (which beats the whole purpose of pagination) so you have to wait for 3 mins to process everything instead of making the call to the API to get the items… Extremly bad implementation, probably gave it to an intern or something

They have actually said it was designed to be “badly implemented” to discourage people from using Item Restoration as extra bank space.

Working as intended.