Items made by your guild members should have + effects to promote community and connections

Started playing HC classic and realized: When you get a unique recipe and you realize there is already a ton on AH and the price is low. It kinda kills the feeling.

And then an idea popped up: If you make an item for a guild member the item get a tiny bit extra effect/stats (it would be same for all guilds).

+Promote guild member professions
+Community
+Connections
+Feeling needed

Just to promote buying and interacting with guild members. Buying from AH serves very little in community building.

I personally do not think this is needed.

In well organised guilds you already have dedicated crafters and secondary crafters to turn to for crafts, and unlike work orders done outside of guilds thry are generally much cheaper/free.

To build a better community it may be a better idea to add in recipes that aren’t connected to gold, which would lower the prices of the crafts overall. Having a place where you can get a list of crafters across your server could also help promote interraction between crafter and customer.

Also having a cross-faction chat for crafting orders would be really helpful. As a Hordie on AD I have to swap over to my Alliance toon to advertise or respond to crafting requests in general chat.

But in general the problem lies with many ignoring crafting because of the gold cost attached to it and because for many it is too convoluted/complex.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.