It's all fun and games

Beta is going so smooth, no bugs at all.
Blizzard communication has been great.

Cataclysm pre-patch release is going to go smoothly next week.

Cows can fly and cats bark.

See you next week in pre-patch.

5 Likes

That’s the spirit! Good job

1 Like

Jokes aside, why no global release for Classic? Please consider this going forward.

Nah, that way when turds hit the fan on US side, it’ll be fixed once the patch hits our servers.

1 Like

If only that was the case… :stuck_out_tongue:

Am I missing something, or isn’t it a global release?

“April 30, 2024, at 3:00 PM PDT” and “May 1, 2024, at 12:00 AM CEST” is the same time.

Ah, I wasn’t aware of that - I was just focusing on the date itself.

Nevermind me.

Well, it has worked before!

Just not this time, as Trixi pointed out that it is, indeed, global release.

Did some more research and those dates/times may not be correct…
The client stays maintenance is between 3:00 AM and 11:00 AM CEST.
TBC and Wrath pre-patch was released during maintenance.

The only official information I can find right now says “Your new journey begins with the pre-expansion patch — the Shattering of Azeroth— on April 30 and continues with the launch of Cataclysm Classic on May 20, 2024 at 3:00 pm PDT worldwide.”

Wowhead and multiple other sources says pre-patch will launch 3:00 AM PDT and 12:00 AM CEST too, but they may simply have misunderstood the official information.

Time will tell I guess…

UPDATE: If I choose my US subscription, the client is ready to update now, while I can still play Wrath on my EU subscription. So it seems it’s following maintenance like with the past expansions. Wowhead is wrong then.

10pm EU and it’s still not up on NA. Almost global release.

I was wrong though, seem the actual full release on the 20th is global.
So in that respect it is like retail, with pre patch at different times and a global release. It’s just more noticeable that the pre patch release isn’t global since it contains more new content than usual.