It's enough to have a look at the AH to see there's extensive botting going on

I cant say names obviously, but here’s what I can:

For example - have you ever seen someone post 15-30k items of a herb, 30-40% below current marketprice? Have you ever wondered why its worth to him to throw 30% of his profits away? Farming that many herbs must take a damn long time - undercutting by this much means 10+ hours of your farming is going into the gutter. How come he does not value his own time?

I tell you how… it’s not ‘his own’ time. He’s a botter. I’ve been a TSM-head for a few months now and I can tell you: I’ve seen countless occasions where some random guy comes along and lists 15-35k items of one herb well below market price. And if he gets undercut, he undercuts that again by 20-40%. Its insane. :smiley:

And the ‘kicker’: They are ALWAYS freshly boosted druids between lvl 50-60, guildless or the lone member of a guild. No raids or dungeons ever completed, only a few achievemnet points, etc. Its more obvious than obvious.

There are at least 8-10 of them I see regularly. One more clue (not that we need so many more) is that they never post the cheaper stuff. What I mean by this: I you decide to farm up 20k callous hides you will quite likely get a lot more desolate leathers as well. But you never see that posted alongside the 20k callous hides. Most likely because the bot is set up to throw out regular leather. Again… you would never do this if you actually farmed that up on your own.

And you can say it’s worth it to Blizz thats why they dont ban them. Problem is the vast majority of the money they make goes into wow tokens. Because botting is a poor man’s subscription fee. So yeah even bots have to pay to play the game, but they pay with money they earned by cheating. And also they drive up the demand for tokens, so the gold price for tokens is artificially high as a large portion of the buyers swim in freely-botted millions.

2 Likes

I level alts through mining & herbing because shadowlands content is just that bad & you are incredibly weak when leveling, takes 8 aimed shot to kill a freaking turtle, and to get rid of it quick i undercut by 30-50% Just so someone can take it off my hands, so not really botting

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.