Its Overwhelming

I just want to play a game with simple things like wrath of lich king and not complex bullcrap like we have now.
I’m trying to come back to the game (i quit after Cata) and its overwhelming the amount of stuff that you have to do to progress you character. Just do a simple vertical contend like wrath and do whatever you like has horizontal but not mandatory or too much impactful to the character power progress.
The thing is… before you start you already want to puke when you think the amount of stuff you need to do to get in raiding.
New players are way better served in BC on character progression then in Shadowlands.
Make the game more simple

Has the attunement system been removed in BC?

Was the attunement system in BC anything like the Kafkaesque nightmare that constitutes Shadoowlands systems?

At any rate, the devs say they’re delivering a much cleaner mainline in Dragonflight, so we can hope.

Rappah, why not go play Classic BC until Wrath is available?

It was a genuine question if the system had been removed at this stage.

How was anything I said indicating that Retail and Classic systems were equal?

i prefer all the “bad” things on BC then the “bad” things on shadowlands on character progression.
But hey… im talking about my preferences in a game and all i say its about what I think about the game.
Sure there are thousands of players that prefer it like this. But im sure that are also thousands that want simple things like it was. At least on character progression. Horizontal contend do waterver Blizzard wants because that i do if its fun and engaging and don’t mess with character progression.
I just don’t go to BC because i feel that retail have so much fantastic things right now and can offer so much fresh contend. But the character progression its like i said overwhelming. If they change this it will be so perfect.
Simple things are better, don’t want to do 10 different time consuming things to empower you character.
But not all things are bad in retail and i hope Blizz realize this.
Its what i think as a returned player. Its just my feedback

1 Like

Sorry, then. It read to me as if you were suggesting OP was inconsistently complaining about Shadowlands systrms when BC had tough unlocks.

2 Likes

Well, check out what they’ve said so far about Dragonflight.

I hate to get my hopes up, but the noises they are making are promising.

1 Like

I honestly don’t think anyone here is going to argue the amount of hoops players are expected to jump through upon dinging their first character in SL.

2 Likes

I will just leave here a question… A simple one.
Why there are more then 300k players in BC servers?
It gives you old contend and most of those players are playing that for the second time or even more because of “private” servers.
Its because of simple things, more easy to understand.
I try to come back because i have my hopes up like some people have and i really like how the world on retail its building but i hope that they make it more simple on your progression.
Sory about my bad English :smiley:

There are only a lot of hoops because it’s the end of the expansion, though. At the beginning, it was more ‘cool, I hit max level and there’s still stuff to do’, and all you had to do was follow where the quest chain led you.

I agree, if you play the expansion from the start it’s easy to follow but coming in later is always a huge catch up curve, especially for a first character.

@Punyelf
To answer your question: Yes, attunement system has been removed - that is, the quest chains for them are still there but you’re not obligated to have finished them to be able to enter any longer.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer, I think the question got lost in the discussion :slight_smile:

That’s great news!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.