It's time to apply a 50% effectiveness for covenants in PvP

Like it was for azerite in BFA, those things are just out of hands right now.

1 Like

Its all half measures, thats actually not solved anything. There is oppoiste system to full “RPG” and good for competetive - Legion templates. Otherwise there is always will be clowns fiesta and nerf it, buff it, oh no this is broken, oh no thats is broken.

A lot of the one shot bursty PvP gameplay now is done my non-covenant abilities though. Keep in mind the item level is low currently and from what I’ve seen of the beta it will get a lot better when everyone has gear and good versatility.

I know it sucks, I don’t like this either but let them have their fun while it lasts. At least it won’t win them any titles like corruption did for some last expansion.

I’d just really like covenants to be mostly cosmetic and not hold so much power as I would really love to chose a covenant based on fantasy rather than:

1- Pick an ugly covenant to be able to 1 shot people.
2- Pick an attractive covenant and be irrelevant in the content I play.

But no… I need to hangout with stupid fairies so I can be competitive…

Top notch game design right here.

4 Likes

most of “1 schoot” combos and op stuff are non covenant releited so i kinda faill to understand how nerfing covenants is gona help

watch snupy latest youtube clip and tell that to the 2 players he 100-0 in one convoke lol

That was in Kot’mogu though. Convoke is also easily interruptable and can be canceled by basically any CC. Sure it’s stupid and probably requires a damage reduction in PvP combat but this isn’t as much as an offender than Marksmanship hunter damage, rogue burst or even some other high bursts out there (windwalker comes to mind).

Burst in general is too high now because of a lack of gear. This will change in a few weeks.

I really hope there is a way to fix arena. I think we all think in a wrong way. We need to move to a different system probably much different of what we have now.

People still using Drest’agar trinket with 185 ilvl toons, i dont think covenants are the problem.

why do people keep saying more gear will reduce burst?
surely it will increase it? more vers, higher stats, legos…

i hope youre right, i just dont understand why it would be so?

Does anyone else prefer this more bursty gameplay? The alternative is slow & boring fights where the moons must align for anybody to die.

1 Like

I mean it doesn’t necessarily have to be either extreme right?

Healing in PvP currently is terrible if the enemy has 2 and a half braincells and focus you for two seconds to oneshot you.

glad I’m not the only one.

Yeah it’s abit silly but its so much more fun than tickling each other for 10 minutes, where no one dies.

why the black and white thinking?
it doesnt have to be so extreme, no one is asking for 10min arenas or tickle damage!
What folk want is a reduction in burst so that those of us with a toolkit get a chance to use it. A moderate increase in ttk.

Oh that 600 dmg venthyr dot over 12 seconds gonna feel real good.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.