Ivus not lootable

Hey!

So I’ve just went to Darkshore to kill Ivus on my rogue. As I reach there I notice he is not marked on the map as an elite or anything, but didn’t pay attention.

I proceed to kill him but he seemed NOT to be lootable, but I could roll one of my seals on him (got ap).

I went on my druid to check it out again, same thing happened. Not marked again like Warbringer Yenajz (for example), but I proceed to join a group and kill him
Everyone seemed to be able to get loot from him or roll their seals, me NADA, bugged again.

Why this happened ? Waiting for a blue clarification upon this mess. Thank you.

Edit: Got screenshots.

I couldn’t re-roll on him which was frustrating. The quest did pop up for me yesterday though.

Ivus is not suspect to weekly reset. He only resets when domination over darkshore changes which can happen whenever.

3 Likes

You know he gets auto looted though? There’s no shimmering corpse to click, you just get it in your bags. Since you were able to bonus roll, it seems there was nothing wrong, you just didn’t get loot from the kill.

I didn’t get even gold. He behaved like a corpse which I didn’t even tag. So yes, something is very wrong.
Also I was able to roll a seal ONLY on the rogue for some reason. On the druid the window didn’t even popped, no gold, nada.

Yeah, there could be something strange going on here. I had kind of the opposite problem: I killed him just now on an alt, I received loot but no bonus roll prompt, even though I had tokens available for it.

There were known issues with him before, I have no idea if they consider them fixed yet. Clearly it’s not fixed. Do fill in a bug report in game as well.

Happened to me on 2 of my chars last week, I didnt get option of a roll even though I had coins or whatever they are called to roll, on 2nd char I failed on, I tried again with another group and it worked, So many bugs in BFA is getting stupid.

:bulb: Known Issue: No bonus roll for Darkshore boss Ivus the Forest Lord
The Darkshore boss Ivus the Forest Lord and Ivus the Decayed do not always allow for bonus rolls.

I’v killed him a few times on different toons, after reset and my first kill on each of the toons for that cycle and got gold etc but never got the Bonus roll even though I had Seals .

Pretty sure this boss still has its buggy episodes which it has had since day one, kinda pretty unfair there’s a lot of players missing out of a loot chance they should have had.

That link from Blizzard in the above post was from november 18th !!! WTF

It seems like many people did not read what Bloodlock wrote:

This indicates, you have already killed Ivus in the current cycle and therefore are rightfully not eligible for loot. Only when you lost the darkshore and regained control over it again Ivus is lootable.

On a different note:

This post was edited 15 times, the last edit was made on december 21st.
This post is meant to be kept up to date and therefore the original date of the post is completely irrelevant.

Ok. Why was able to roll my seal on the rogue then? If it becomes eligible for killing next cycle, does that mean I cannot roll my seal? Or I will not be eligible for loot since I was able to roll my seal?

Wtf …

Still happens with some world bosses that the bonus roll window doesn’t pop up. One way to go about it is to join another group or wait for the respawn and kill him again to give the bonus roll window another chance to pop up.

If you didn’t have any seals to roll by the time you killed him the first time you can kill him again when you have seals to do your bonus roll.

1 Like

In theory yes, but in practice that’s not happening for many because it’s bugged.

1 Like

Allright, this explains it, thanks. I didn’t have bonus seals indeed.

Anyway this seems an overcomplicated mess tbh…

People need to remember that he is not subject to normal rules because of his high loot.

It is the same in raids, if you did not know.
If you missed a bonus roll (due to timeout, misjudgement or because you lacked seals) you can down a boss a second time (in a different id) and use your bonus roll.
The bonus rolls are not tied to you being eligible to loot. However most of the time you will use your bonusrolls on bosses when you down them the first (and only) time in a cycle.

With Ivus bonus rolls there is a bug, so this might come in handy to know. Just because you did not get the option to roll on the first down, you are able to kill him again to use the roll (however I don’t know the specific of the bug and therefore you might kill him over and over for nothing, what would be extremely frustrating).

I had to kill him twice on my mage as the bonus roll didn’t pop up.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.