Jfc level sync needs to go

I get that level sync has been implemented into PvP as a big ego defense mechanism for blizz but honestly it’s laughable how much it alienates people from the game.
I used to love levelling my characters via BG, it was slower but always fun, and allowed me to actually jump into arena when I hit top level because I’d have a PvP appropriate understanding of whatever class I was playing. Unfortunately I’m literally forced to not play the content I enjoy because of this system.

It is overtly clear that the scaling regarding level syncing is absolutely busted, I’ve tried it once and despite only playing two brackets down on a level 111 rogue, I could still 1v3 anyone who wasn’t syncing themselves. (I’m an 1800 player, my first time playing PvP properly since mop).

I’ve recently gone 3 matches in a row Vs the same premade group of which 4 of them were level syncing. My most recent match I was against another group containing people level syncing, meaning that in said game of warsong gulch, half of their team were above the level bracket, this led to them capping 2 flags within the first 7 minutes of the game and proceeding to force us to be farmed at the graveyard for the remaining 13.

There’s two clear solutions which are that simple and feasible to implement it astonishes me that they haven’t been done so already:

1. people who are in a party containing people level syncing should ONLY be placed Vs other people containing level syncing.

Or

1. a solo queue option where you can’t be placed Vs premades.

(The latter would be ideal, as this prevents premade domination for casual players as well, yet still allows for people to enjoy the content in groups).

Sure, level sync allows for a faster queue time and makes it less noticeable how the game has been catered to pve players for the past however many years, thus alienating a significant amount of the PvP oriented player base, but is it really worth continuing to hemorrhage the dead horse which is unranked PvP?

(This also applies to arena skirmish).

I’ve spoken about this to a few friends who also play this game because they enjoy the Pvp, and our opinions are nothing short of unanimous with what I have stated.

The reason this game is my mmo of choice (I assume this will apply to others) is because the PvP isn’t awful, and frankly the PvP is the reason I sub to wow over FFXIV.

Anyway, just wanted to drop this topic to offer my own thoughts and opinions regarding level sync, and how it is actively disrupting content that I used to find fun. Cheers.

1 Like

I completely agree. Syncing is good in general but has killed off levelling PVP which until recently used to be one of the most fun things to do. why the hell am I playing a level 30 bg with people’s corruptions active ffs!? Just stupid. My suggestion would be just to get rid of it in levelling pvp - if people can’t get a bg late at night no biggie - better than this dumb nonsense.

You guys ever tried level-syncing in BGs?
Dont talk if you didnt tested it by yourtselves.

You cant use enchants, you cant use trinkets, you cant use all the abilities, your item stats doesnt matter cuz you just get basic reduced stats.

The only problem is in 110+ BGs which seem like bugged and the 120s abuse this bracket.

1 Like

Second paragraph dude, though since posting I’ve tried on a couple alts and the situation is the same, the scaling is absolutely busted and those who level sync have a clear advantage.

They got rid of twinks so the lvl syncd players would have no competition, as an incentive to make players buy lvl boosts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.