Join the Fun of the Community Discords Program

It didn’t but this is futile. I’m really not here to start all that again.

It’s clear perceptions here are still the same. You’ve all made up your minds.

It’s a shame this always ends up off track.

I wish the communities taking part all the best with their ventures.

Oh stop it. Don’t say "I’m not going to start it all again when you did just that with the bit quoted below.

The original document https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/template_resource/8l/8LPPTKSM4OIS1683313493815.pdf

16 pages (for a community discord initiative for God’s sake) with clauses such as.

refrain from creating content that (i) includes inappropriate or offensive material ( as determined by Blizzard in its sole discretion)

and

PROGRAM MEMBER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES AND
UNDERSTANDS THAT ANY BREACH OF THIS SECTION I WILL SUBJECT PROGRAM
MEMBER TO CIVIL AND CRIMINAL LIABILITY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY
LAW, AND WILL ALSO RESULT IN CONSEQUENCES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION,
TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT

and

Because of the unique and highly sensitive nature of the Confidential
Information, Program Member acknowledges that Blizzard and/or its licensors may suffer irreparable
harm if Program Member fails to comply with the provisions of this Section I and that monetary damages
will be inadequate to compensate Blizzard for such breach. Accordingly, Program Member agrees that
Blizzard may, in addition to any other remedies available to it at law or in equity, be entitled to seek
injunctive and other equitable relief to enforce the terms of this Section I and to prevent any actual,
potential or threatened violation of this Section I by Program Member and in seeking such relief, Blizzard
will not be required to post any security or to prove the inadequacy of available remedies at law. Program
Member expressly agrees that it shall bear all costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees and costs,
incurred by Blizzard in an enforcement action resulting from Program Member’s breach of this Section I.

You’ve somehow paraphrased Blizzard reserving the right to threaten legal hellfire (examples above) into “community hysteria”. Because Blizzard have a long and illustrious history of acting with integrity, ethics and high moral values, don’t they?

Any initiative that pairs the phrases ‘casual discord owners’ and ‘enouraged to seek legal advice’ misses the mark on many fronts.

This isn’t “offtrack”, its core to the perception that Blizzard’s past actions have created about themselves.
When there is nothing at stake I’m happy to take Blizz at their word and hope they live up to my expectations. When a 16 page legal document is involved, not so much.

Anyhow, you’re right that minds are made up, and with 7 signups my feeling is most made the right decision.

8 Likes

Great all this months and you still learned nothing about the contract and impact how they want to use your personal data.

3 Likes

As I said I’m not going to comment anymore because people will presume what they want to presume.

I think it’s a lovely initiative for communities who want to take part and it’s great to see some taking part.

This will help with the misconceptions.

hard to disagree on that point.

Wym presume ? It’s literally written in the most clear way…

Lovely initiative to swarm casual discord server owners with lawsuits because some member posted some bad stuff in it ?

1 Like

Puny already defended this last time, for like 300 posts or so they kept arguing with people about how much of a “good initiative” it was and that it was “nothing bad” they’re basically just doing it again which is kinda funny

1 Like

You can see what the communities are offering if you read the article

No one wants to though, I wonder why, Hmmmmmm

1 Like

Sad that even community managers don’t help the community anymore and help to secure the privacy data of their members.

I can only advice everyone to check twice if it’s worth to join those discords that already sold their soul to a company.

3 Likes

You don’t have to do anyting.

Others may want to.

What others ? The 10 people that have joined those discords and have accepted that they cant say anything negative about the game the second they went there ? And that all of their messages will be recorded ? And that they also can get sued if they say negative things ?

Yeah sounds like the place to be alright

1 Like

I’m quite surprised. That’s about 6 more servers having joined the program than I expected :smile:

2 Likes

This is the problem with the perception I mentioned earlier.

The discords carry on as usual. Members can criticise WoW and that’s kind of the point. Gathering feedback, the good and the bad.

With the risk of getting sued.

1 Like

I’m just glad they got some takers.

There is no point in this.

You don’t care what the programme is actually doing, you just want to badmouth it at every given opportunity.

So enjoy.

People can make up their own minds and hopefully have more common sense.

Only inside those discords though, you can still be mean about blizzard on the forum (within reason) on twitter X and in other discords.

If you really want to say bad things about blizzard that much there are still plenty of spaces for you to do so.

However you seem more like the type of guy who just likes to badmouth Puny all the time… so probably don’t have time to say mean things about blizzard :eyes:

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

You noticed that huh!!

1 Like

Well I heard from a guy in a bar that MVPs have a direct line of communication to Bobby who implements their requests, so anything bad is indirectly their fault for not using their voice to change things for the better.

2 Likes