Just got ganked

I just got ganked in Darkshire by some Orc Shaman who was such a high level they displayed as ??

It’s fine because I turned War Mode on voluntarily and I was expecting this sooner or later.

5 Likes

No one told that Orc the rules!

Solution

Players should be forced to read the forum complainer posts before turning on WM. That way, when they wpvp, they will know ALL the many individual made up rp rules that exist for wpvp. In fact make new wm’ers sit some sort of exam, where they answer questions about made up rp wpvp rules. Only if they pass does wm toggle on. This could save a lot of lives in wm, and help reduce conflict to almost zero! No more war!

2 Likes

Yup it’s gonna happen. Especially darkshire that’s the best place to gank lowbie Alliance

If you’re into that thing of course…

The last time I had a char through Darkshire, the hordies only killed all the NPC’s… specially the questgivers every time we wanted to turn our quest in :unamused:

Maybe he mistook you for a NPC (you have that vibe over your char :nerd_face:) - and if thats the case, I think it’s an honest mistake… Poor guy, ganking players when he just wanted to annoy everyone :cry:

1 Like

I’ve seen a fair few people complaining via in game chat when they get ganked (I’m now in Northern Stranglethorn).

I usually just remind them of what they signed up for and carry on.

2 Likes

while I would say thats world pvp, I kind of agree. Someone whos max level going around killing low level beginers, Probably is a pathetic looser.

I would agree somewhat. If you’re level 120 I’m sure there’s other content that’s more entertaining than ganking low levels.

They eventually seem to get bored and move on anyway so it’s all good. :blush:

I do belive there was a horde quest making fun of this very thing back in cataclysm, with a fully geared raider from ICC showing up on his frost wyrm in hillbrand foothills. Basicaly you become a quest giver and you hand quests to 3 different people. One of them is the afor mentioned raider and the other npcs ask why hes here.

2 Likes

Oh yes, that’s the quest where you meet Johnny Awesome, Dummas and the ganker Orkus :smile:

Yeah Darkshire, usually we wipe the hordes ganking there and then we move on to nesingwary to show those lowbie-hordes that wpvp-mode means business :slight_smile:

ok, I can get behind the killing of he ganking people, but then you go and gank people… sigh.

Read my post

I once got ganked in stormwind back in wratch fo the lich king by a rogue. oh boi i still cant sleep at night.

3 Likes

WM indeed!

Can’t say I can get behind ganking lowbies, lame for me but can see why it’s fun for them, but this sort of thing has been happening since PVP realms.

I think most WM complainers are probably those players from normal realms who never exerienced this before, so it’s a thing for them?

Would love to see some Fallout ‘SPECIAL’ style spoof intro to WPVP and how to handle gankers videos etc :rofl:

1 Like

I turned WM on this and ofc am fully aware of possible consequences. Been “ganked” few times, once when afk by player named ‘Tisshoteasy’ or similar :smiley: but nothing annoying even tho ive come across lot of hordies. If it gets too overwhelming, i’ll jist go to SW and opt out, +15% isn’t that big of a deal :slight_smile:. Probably take it off in BoA or even Legion.

1 Like

Just so you know, you can wm off in any rested area, not just sw. Can only be turned on in sw though.

Ok so you turned your warmode on and got engaged in a PVP and died?
So what’s the matter here?
Any problem?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.