Just hit level 120

Hi all,

Just reactivated earlier this week for the first time since MOP, I have just got to level 120 which the last few levels felt like a drag.

I want to know what do you suggest as the best thing to do now in terms of gearing up?

I’ve got zero gold so just ordered a token to allow me to buy a load of AH epics to get my ilevel up.

Then I’ll start doing heroics.

Not interested in raiding seriously so will aim to do LFR but other than that what do you suggest I do for gear?

PVP? Also i’ve seen something like Benethics (No idea what that is) but hoping you can shed some light.

Also is it worth getting some professions levelled?

Thanks in advance

Welcome back!

has the full treatment.

For the next couple of months, if you’re not raiding or pushing M+, Benthic is where it’s at. Ilevel 385 pieces that drop in the World Quest zone Nazjatar and can be upgraded in steps of 15 to 425.

From what I hear, scaling means you can step into Nazjatar in your levelling greens without going through the initial gearing stages. You can buy crafted 370 gear at the AH if you want a bit of cushion, though:
https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/talnivarr/search/notorious%20combatant

I wouldn’t spend a lot on them, though. There will also be other BoEs, ofc.

Reps in Nazjatar and Mechagon are also essential to Pathfinder 2, which you need for flying, so farming those zones will be high priority from all points of view.

The devs have made it their lives’ mission to make professions useless, so it’s not really a thing any more. Herb/Alch still makes some gold. However, as a mage, you might be interested in the two Tailoring BoP pieces that can be made:

I think it’s a lot of work and expense to go to, especially now that scaling has made gear acquisition so meaningless outside raids and M+, but it is an option.

1 Like

Should have mentioned.

Your essential sites for WoW are:

https://wowhead.com for items, quests, guides

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/ for class builds and gameplay

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons for Addons

and of course, if it’s in WoW, it’s on YouTube somewhere!

1 Like

Much appreciated.

Looks like its Benthic time then! Off to Nazjatar I go.

Thanks again

1 Like

Long-time player here… I have multiple characters at 120, but only leveled one so far in the latest patch and I hit a snag…

Upon dinging 120, my heart level was just 10, which I thought was strange, since I’d read that players’ hearts would get bumped up to level 40-45 or something like that after the 8.3 patch hit. shrug

So I went to Magni because he used to give some easy heart levels, but he had no quests at all for me. The heart chamber was also completely empty. Nobody there at all.

I did an emissary quest that gave 3600 AP, hoping this would “jolt” my heart to give me the missing levels (because I can’t activate any traits at all in benthic azerite gear.) No. My heart went up to level 14, and that’s it. Still can’t activate any traits.

Feh. Why does this game have to be so damn quirky and opaque - and frankly: BAD? You’d think after 15 years there would be more polish for a system which is so integral for the expansion as the heart is!

And there are no craftable weapons at all for Demon Hunters? Blacksmiths only make strength 1-handed swords and agility daggers which DHs can’t use, while engineers also make agility 1-handers, but it’s all maces so again DHs can’t use them. Jeeeessssuusssss… Fighting mobs with a pair of heirloom weapons really sucks you-know-what. :frowning:

Hey Mezuran!

I’d recommend following up on a recent quest you got from Magni that will introduce the new Azerite Essences to you and unlock them for your character. The quests you mention have been replaced with this Azerite Essence questline, which will give your Heart of Azeroth a significant bump up in Heart- and item levels :).

For weapon upgrades, it would the usual way of World Quests or a quick purchase from the Auction House if you want a shortcut and have the gold for doing so. The links and previous answers above are still relevant as well when it comes to regular gearing up, so good luck!

1 Like

So I have less than 2 days played and really enjoying it!

Found the gearing up quite easy with the Nazjatar quests and began venturing in Mythic+s

Happy to hear you’re enjoying it! That’s great progress in two weeks. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.