Just started to the game

Hi guys I’ve just started playing Wow and this is my first mmo game that I’ve ever played. I barely know about the game. If you guys have any advise or tips I would love to hear them. (and I have some questions I can ask you them aswell if you’re interested to help ). thanks

Welcome to Azeroth!

(And I see you are on Outland realm as Alliance. Not a bad choice, and much better than picking a “New Players” realm. Well done!)

Bookmark these sites:

wowhead.com for everything about quests, items, and much more.
icy-veins.com for all about playing your class, though most of it won’t be relevant until you are at level 50-60.

and of course, if it is in the game, it is also sure to be on YouTube somewhere.

The best way to start this game, though, in my opinion, is to just keep doing the quests, and don’t start thinking about the outside influences amd the math of the stats, and all that. If you just follow the game, it will lead you to where you need to be, and teach you a lot in the process.

In the current state of the game, all you need to aim for is to hit level 50, then level 60. There is lots of stuff about gear, and professions, and gold, that you can learn about, but you don’t need to. You will meet all those things in time.

If you have any questions, do please post again here. Someone will be happy to help. :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to Azeroth!

Hope you will enjoy the game, and don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your respond. I have a few questions that I searched through the internet but still didnt get answers properly. first of all I didnt understand the function of servers. I learned that there are 4 types of servers such as pvp pve rp and pvp-rp but I couldnt find which server is which. like they all look the same except the ones that writes RP. I want to play on a server that pvp is enabled but I’ve joined to a server randomly because there were no difference between them except their names and I didnt understand how the pvp works because when I look at the map there are massive oceans between the ‘enemy’ territory and ours( at least thats what I think. I dont know what is where on the map).

OK. Servers. Also called “Realms” - same thing.

When you make a character on a server, it is on that server forever, unless you buy a server transfer.

You are then limited to joining guilds on that server, and trading and Auction House only with others from that same server, but you can play with people from any server.

There are no PvP servers any more. They were replaced with War Mode.

There are two types of PvP:

1. In the world. You enable this with War Mode.
  2. In Instances, like Battlegrounds.

War Mode:
You cannot enable War Mode until level 20. In Stormwind (or, Orgrimmar for Horde) click your Specialization & Talents button at bottom right of screen, click PvP Talents arrow in the upper right, then click on War Mode at the lower right. You will hear a hit and “For the Alliance”.

Once in War Mode you can kill and be killed by any Horde you meet anywhere.

Battlegrounds:

Batrtlegrounds are arranged fights between equal sized groups of Alliance and Horde of the same level bracket, with the purpose of completing the objectives of the BG. You enter by clicking on Group Finder at the bottom, then Player vs Player, Quick Match, Random Battlegrounds. You wait in the queue until the groups are ready, then you get teleported into the BG.

You don’t need to enable War Mode to queue for Battlegrounds.

As for the map, you are reading it a bit too simple. Up to level 10, the starting zones are either Alliance or Horde. Outside those lowest zones, both Alliance and Horde can travel, and meet. And kill each other. The world is big, though, and you won’t be facing Horde every minute.

If you want to chop your way to a mountain of corpses, Battlegrounds is the way to go. However, the people you meet there will probably be bothmore experienced and better geared, so be cautious!

1 Like

I really want to know which items are important like I know you cant tell me every single one of them but I sell nearly everything I got from the monsters I slay. and I feel like am doing sth wrong, like what if this is important or what if I could do sth better with it except selling. and in addition to this I really didnt understand the difference between wow classic and shadowland are they the same game or some kind of dlc or completely different games.

Gear for yourself - don’t think too much about it before you are max lvl. If you get an item that is your armor type and better than what you are wearing - use it.

Gear items that are green/blue/purple - Check the Auction house (AH) and see if it sells.

Crafting items - Use what you need for your professions, check the AH if it sells well for that you don’t use.

Grey and most white ites - vendor.

I know I dont plan to jump into fights right away but I didnt want to waste my time in a realm that doesnt contain pvp but now I understand the concept. that makes sense too. can I ask you one more thing. I dont know if thats a thing but can I upgrade my weapons. like not getting a better one but making the one that I have, stronger or sth( like enchantment).

Here is a tip: you CANNOT MAKE A SERIOUS MISTAKE about your character. You CANNOT. It is impossible. The game doesn’t allow it.

You can die, sure, but then you get resurrected to run back to your body.

You can skip or miss or abandon a quest, sure, but you can always pick it up again if you want to - though you probably don’t need to.

Probably THE worst thing you could possibly do is destroy all your armour, and then spend all your gold on something completely useless to you, leaving your character naked with no gold. And you’re not going to do that by accident! But even if you did, your naked character could still kill lower level mobs to get some lower level items and some gold, and use that gold to buy slightly better items, and work your way back up like that.

Don’t be anxious about doing the wrong thing. Nothing you can possibly do at low levels is very serious at all.

As for what to do with things you pick up at low level:

1. If it’s Grey-quality, sell it to a vendor. No question.
  2. If it’s a piece of gear, and you can wear it, and it has more of your main stat on than what you are wearing (Intellect is main stat for a mage) wear it, and vendor the old piece.
  3. If it’s White-quality and says “Crafting Material” (a.k.a. “mats”), you can try to sell it on the Auction House, but odds are it will take days to sell, if it ever does. Personally, I’d just vendor it.
  4. If it’s Green- or Blue- or Purple-quality gear AND says “Binds When Equipped” (NOT “Soulbound”) it may be worth trying to sell it on the Auction House, but probably not.

The Auction House is a whole nother system of its own where you can list things that other players can buy from you. But it costs money to list them, and there is no guarantee anyone will buy them. Learning the AH could be the content of a PhD all on its own, but you can do simple stuff. If you really think something worth selling there, look it up on The Undermine Journal https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/outland but don’t get excited! - just cos someone lists an item for 100 gold doesn’t mean anyone’s going to buy it.

As for the difference between Classic and Shadowlands:

WoW started 16 years ago. Every two years, a new Expansion is released. You can think of an Expansion as a set of 3 or 4 really big DLCs called “Patches”. Expansions add continents, maps, dungeons, raids, systems… all that. They also change the way the classes play, add new spells, and even sometines new races and classes.

Shadowlands is the 8th Expansion, and contains all the content in the original (called “Classic” or “Vanilla”) plus all 8 expansions.

WoW Classic is the original game, sort of remastered, for those who prefer the game more or less as it was back then, without all the added systems.

N-n-not really, no. At some levels of the game, some items can be upgraded like that, but not until you reach later expansions.

You CAN buy enchantments for your weapon and gear, made by other players who have the Enchanting profession, but they are likely to be far too expensive for you now, and you will get a new weapon soon anyhow. The game feeds new weapons and other gear to you through quests, or in drops from mobs, or by buying them from vendors with Honor that you can earn in Battlegrounds.

1 Like

thank you so much guys. I dont know how to write both of you at the same time because it doesnt allow me to write 2 replies in a row. ( I am not very good at using forums as well :stuck_out_tongue: ) but thanks . If you ever want to play with someone else you can always play with me and my friend. (but as you can see we re kinda newbies around here )
Kind regards

2 Likes

The only thing I can add to this is this : remember to have fun ! :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to Azeroth Porzingis! Enjoy your stay!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.