Just to remind

Sub Single Target is undertuned in comparison to every other class or spec.
Sub AOE is undertuned because of Secret Technique being undertuned.

Both, Outlaw and Assa, are out performing Sub in every scenario and people know that. The amount of times i get kicked out of a M+ group for a <15 key as soon as they saw that i am Sub is really frustrating.

Check the Mythic+ All run Leaderboards on raider-io and you will see its the spec with the worst scores even compared to arcane mages and surv hunters.

Either let Secret Technique apply a short 5-6 second Nightblade to all targets hit, to make us stronger in AOE scenarios or buff damage numbers in general.

#MSubGA

M+ is almost entirly about aoe so of course sub is not doing well, it’s ST would be irrelevant if it was deleting the trash packs twice as fast as the other specs.

The reason i said it felt like it was missing a BASELINE aoe finisher is because the way it is setup makes it appear as tho you need to spam shuriken storm during shadow dance, however at the same time it is also set up as if you are supposed to weave a finisher between each shuriken storm…?

The point being this is an typical unclear system for AoE, it does not do a good job of introducing players into how to do aoe damage, a base aoe finisher would completely fix this, even if it was as simple as just making shuriken storm grant your next eviscerate an aoe cleave effect to some degree or even allowing that eviscerate to spread a currently active nightblade to nearby targets.

Who is your main? Cause you keep giving personal opinions vs facts regarding you opinions on both rogues and dk’s.

I checked your logs thinking you might be actually unto something but your logs say otherwise too.

You may want to be careful when reading logs, because unless someone is specifically playing to log then the logs will not upload an accurate account of capability.

For a frost dk especially you can mostly brain afk during most encounters through the combination of resounding protection and permafrost giving you a passive shield which affords you the ability to just ignore most of the stuff.

Anyway, the gloomblade thing was just a troll build, as with any new class i am advancing it quickly… what i could do with that build pales in comparison to what i can do with my new build.

Of course. Gloomblade was only good in some Legion scenarios but with BfA is was nerfed mega hard. It’s a bad talent at the moment especially since you want to be in Dance as much as possible.

But if you truly invest time in Sub Rogue you’ll find it is cruelly stomped by both Assa and Outlaw in ST and AoE and belogs to the trash tier of all melee specs. It’s not that you can’t so good with it, you can do good with every spec. But you can’t beat other specs when they play as well as you. It’s even common to have orange logs as sub and be below low purple logs of assa outlaw fury dh and dk.

I dunno tho the gloomblade thing did get good results considering, I believe it may just be because my shadow dance gear is better… the problem i had with the gloomblade build is more that it is too rigid to advance reasonably, basically you need 3 points in both inevitability AND perforate to even consider using it and that is quite an awkard thing to get without a massive amount of residuum and RNG on your side.

Yeah, that’s one thing, but also consider that with gloomblade build you basically hit a bit more than backstab for each gloomblade + you ignore armor, while with shadowdance build you ignore 40% armor, get twice as many cps and hit harder per each shadowstrike, + you get bonus damage for being in dance + you get more cps so more finishers so more dances.

In the end Sub damage relies on stacking multipliers so as the gear gets higher the difference between builds gets higher and higher too.

well the gloomblade thing works quite differently, with low mastery making finishers less relevant and the excessive spam of gloomblade being cheaper makes it so you can keep up your symbols alot longer and refresh shadow blades alot faster not to mention getting to do alot more buffed attacks.

Thats pretty much the basic idea behind it, but again, its sad that the damn azerite system once again gets in the way with gear aquisition methods.

My shadowdance build is a bit different to that other one tho, focusing more on refreshing shadow dance and utilising the extra points for the 6 combos and weaponmaster for the occasional immediate combo. the talent code for that would be “1221131” if you want to examine that.

Sub was great on the bfa launch with the shuriken trait, but that got nerfed so quick and since then it just hasn’t been touched.

I like to look at max dps on Warcraft logs as it shows the highest potential and sub disappoints there too.

The only thing sub is good for is boring your wpvp opponent to death with constant stuns until he\she logs out.

sub is a CC bot and the damage range of Evis is so busted it is not viable. Having a finisher do between 15 and 70k hit is beyond stupid and since they took away our crit talent, you either play BotE and prey it your first nightblade evis crits or you do mediocre damage and rely on your team mate.

Even shadowblades, a 3min CD isn’t the main source of damage in PvP which is hilarious. Sub basically cannot solo anything; even duel is used as a short blind because the rogue wont get the damage needed unless the opponent is on like 10% hp.

In PvE I don’t know why anyone would take it when outlaw is so good in m+ and assa is good in st/aoe. I actually liked sub in legion but this version is trash.

It is really sad.
I mained a Subtlety Rogue back in Cataclysm, it was so different and fun from what we have today :slightly_frowning_face:

Still nothing about sub on ptr, uhhhhh

They said they’ll have a look at it, maybe even rework, for Shadowlands. I don’t think they’ll waste time on the current Sub before then.

im hoping for some changes, but i want a rework for Shadowlands else i dont think im buying next expac :x

Who doesn’t want such a rework !

Hey can you go away? Why are you here? This isn’t about DKs.

well, i got my rogue into gear and did my first +10 in time.

I’m 419 ilvl so far perhaps ill just main rogue instead

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.