Keep all three eu rp servers alive, not just hydraxian waterlords!

Actually I think that if any RP server should be allowed to survive, they should have chosen Celebras!

and I just wrote this on the US forums.

5 Likes

Well, actually, dear Kraktor - this dialogue was not supposed to become public, but … if it makes someone laugh or shows how RP on Celebras works - yes, make us CELEBRITIES!

With kindest regards
Liv

Manager of:

• Monobrow Inc (open every Sunday afternoon! Specialized in after-jumper cable treatments)
  • Let’s dance, maan! (Dance academy for trollish style)
  • Ehrlich’s Crime Scene cleaning - not just done but clean
  • L&X School for Heroes - Who wants to liv forever?
  • BVE GmbH - Besorgen, versorgen, entsorgen, keine Sorgen (German pun, sorry!)
    Offical partner of
  • Life and Die Advice by Xaver Ehrlich - A day without Xaver is a lost day. Your smile looks great on you!
6 Likes

Stuff like this is why I chose the RP servers in the first place! Not that I’m unhappy on MR, I’m liking the server a lot - but HW has a special place in my heart. sure, there are bad apples and weirdos everywhere, but the community on HW really had the old school WoW feel. I don’t raid, but all the dungeons I did were good experiences, and I almost never encountered outright hostile or toxic people.

3 Likes

I know all you Germans speak way better English than we English speak German. It’s not even mandatory in our schools. I’m not for one minute suggesting you give up the fight to retain your servers, but if, in the end, it does come down to one or nothing due to number of players or whatever criteria they are using, I would hope you would all be welcome on HW and that your guilds could still play happily in German.

Keeping Celebras is never going to happen. More people speak English than know any German, so English will always be the default choice for a Europe-wide server. I’m just grateful they’re keeping an RP server open at all. I would stop playing rather than move to a high pop normal PvE one.

1 Like

What you talk about are the young guys. But that is not the average WoW player.
I with my 25 years are only quarter of the Classic players. The Majority is 40-50 year old.
And as Malou described:

I have many of those 40-50 year old guys in my guild. So wandering on Hydraxian Waterlords would mean that we german guys take over an english Realm and so more or less force the natives to speak german despite them being the home. And if you go by the majority like you stated here:

then this is not true as there are more german roleplayers then english ones.
It whas said in the discussions about server closure that Celebras has more active players then all the other closed realms together.
So if they let open only one RP Realm it should be Celebras.

That does not mean I want to deny the guys from Hydraxian Waterlords or Zandalar Tribe their server as I am happy for them that they can at least RP like a character from that universe, in their own native language. While from my personal point of view I would agree with that just letting one permaflagged as PvP could be a substitute I still want them to keep their server as it seem for them to be important for the flair to be this way. Because I can only see in RP the problem with the language barrier and so keep them on one Realm would maybe be better, I hope they could still have their fun on their PvP Server as it does not interfere with my fun.

Anyway if we go by the numbers you love so much then the choice should have been Celebras.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly what I have said, and I have even written it on the US forum as well. Celebras is not only the largest of the RP servers, it’s also the one with most RP happening. German is my 4th language (English my second), but I would still willingly go to Celebras.

3 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:
I regret that i didn`t play alliance more…
Too late… :confused:

am i the only one who knows Asterix and Obelix and was reminded of “what he says??”

(unfortunately no english sub titles… and the automated ones are not helpful ;o
the conversaion is more or less:
en: What he says?
de: was hat er gesagt (what did he say?)
interrupted by: “Ruhe” (Shut up)
and "i think he is asking what you are saying)

however:
As Kraktor mentioned, there are a lot of older people playing classic, in my bubble some were older then 60 :wink:

Either those players are lost because they do not udnerstand anything, or we would have to turn Hydraxian Waterlords into a german realm

Both is not fair.

But I think, Zashii was thinking in generell, not only the current RP player base, that there are more people who speak english, then german.

Probably true, but not for the older german generations (my younger friend is only playing on english realms if possible. I always have to ask what he is talking about, because i don`t understand the english wow slang :smiley: luckily he knows both… :smiley: )

3 Likes

No, that’s not what I meant. Not more native English speakers, more Europeans overall. Add in French, Spanish, Italian, Polish etc etc and the one common international language is going to be English. That’s how a US company is going to see it, I’m sure. They’re going to pick the Engliish realm every time.

I’d have no issue going to Celebras myself, my German hasn’t been used for about 40 years but I can usually still understand the gist of what’s written. I would expect English-speaking conclaves to spring up there. There shouldn’t be any forcing of any language, we should all be able to co-exist. Whichever realm we’re on. I draw the line at forced PvP though.

4 Likes

Wow I could have written this. I’m OK with people speaking their own language, drawing the line at other alpphabets only. But here too I think I’m the odd one out understanding most of the European languages (only not Finninsh, Hungarian, Greek and strangely Roumainian).
Most younger Europeans speak (or think they speak) English, older ones speak English, French, German or Russian depending on where they grew up, the parting line being if your formative years fell before or after '89.

Let Celebras live!

3 Likes

Wow :flushed: :flushed: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

That`s it.
As i said, my younger friend is only playing on huge, english realms, and is talking a lot in english.
There is for sure a shift between generations.

I guess, some of the older player are too shy to “invade” an english realm, or “too polite”. Still, i doubt it will happen.

One reason why the german forum was put upside down was exactly this “fear” of being stuck on an english realm. without that, the players already had moved to HW, and i think some did if i remember correctly :thinking:

Those, who did not move to HW back then or ZT, wouldn´t do it today, too (some moved to Venoxis instead of ZT, because they didn´t want to play on an english realm…)

3 Likes

I logged on some of my characters that remained on HW the other day, played a bit, even started a new Druid (Nelf this time and with my original name that I had to change on MR) and played a bit… Our server is so empty, it’s kinda heartbreaking. It was never highly populated, and to be honest I do prefer servers to not be too crowded… But it really feels like a ghost town. Granted, I haven’t gotten my Druid to a city yet so maybe Alliance side there are more people.

A growing part of me wishes that HW would be retired instead of Celebras. I just feel sad :frowning:

3 Likes

Hi, I’d like to give you a different way of thinking:
Hydraxian Waterlords died, because there were too many RP servers for a too small audience. The original amount of people interested in playing on a RP server in general was initially way higher than now. TBC as a game though is really hard/annoying to play, if you don’t have enough people, and it’s also hard to RP for alot of people, who RP casually, to find others to interact with. Stuff like this causes reaction chains, that kill servers. That’s why it’s better to only have Hydraxian Waterlords, and have the german RP community play parallel to them on the same realm. That’s long term a way healthier solution I’d think. Of course, celebras can’t be the only RP Realm in EU, because it’s german-speaking. Imagine a new RPer from England wanting to join a RP server: They’d never go on Celebras, but their german counterpart would probably join HW (Since alot of germans can speak ze english fluently).
I also wanna add, that the english RP community in EU is extremely forgiving, when it comes to grammatical mistakes.

Put the german speaking community on the Horde side and the english speaking community on the Alliance side and get 2 birds with 1 stone - less servers with more population and cultural divide that couldnt be implemented by RP even if we tried… ^^

On a serious note, I hope Blizzard thinks this through properly, RP is a big deal for some.

2 Likes

Or that the english people can only play humans/Orcs and the Germans everything else. This could bring the fact, that they do not talk in their Mothertongue perfect out.

2 Likes

Since other empty realms are being consolidated, they are doing it with RP realms as well.

Weren’t most of you complaining about empty RP realms last month?

I do not know about the guys on the EN Realm but even though we find the people on Celebras a bit few it whas enough for us. If we wanted to leave we had nearly a year to do so.

3 Likes

I don’t know, I wasn’t subscribed and checking the forums :stuck_out_tongue:

The problem is that we have 3 distinct realms: 1 English RP, 1 German RP and 1 RPPvP. German speakers who are not comfortable with English would rather move to a separate German realm without the RP tag, and ZT players would miss the forced PvP aspect of their server, making it likely that they will go to other PvP realms.

Either way, I don’t see the population of HW being significantly boosted with the consolidation. So it is likely that the problem will remain.

Don’t get me wrong though, I’m happy that we get to keep an RP realm!

3 Likes

The RP servers (and foremost HW) died from last-minute panic when Blizz opened free transfer off those servers for no obvious reason.
I left with my guild, but did not like life on a full server and paid for a transfer back there - my alts never left so I knew how it looked.
It’s empty now, also more empty than I would like, but choosing beween too empty and too full is easy for me, too empty wins hands down every time. And I was about to quit when all low-pop PvE servers were closed down (this means the RP servers just fyi).

Still Celebras is more populated and more RPing -as fas as I know - than HW and thus deserves to be the surviving server.
The language barriere is higher the other way around … for Gernans to go to an English server requires more courage than for English speakers to go to a gernan (or French, Spanish or Italian) server. This is because English is the Lingua Franca of WoW so everybody find it, if not fine, then at least acceptable to speak it everywhere.

3 Likes

Same, I moved a lot of my characters to MR with my guild. I don’t regret it, I like MR a lot, but HW will always have a special place in my heart. Which is why I left a lvl 52 (now 53) and to 30+ characters there, into which I had invested a decent amount of effort (at least for a casual scrub like me with very limited time :stuck_out_tongue: )