#KeepVersaillesOpen šŸ˜”

Sucks to see what our money are used for.

5 Likes

I feel i would need more information on this in order to pass a judgement

2 Likes

If I had know at the start of this expansion that the Long Boi was going to be removed I would have prioritised buying it earlier on and not spent gold on other things.

Some people have probably spent a stupid amount of tokens to get it though. Others will have earnt gold boosting, playing the AH or just simply grind their way to 5m.

5 Likes

So far it seems the definite answer might be next week

Only french players (yours truly included) would really suffer from it tho

Why do you think only French players are affected?

Remember the people working there are most effected though.

2 Likes

It sucks surely, but France has a pretty good social security program.

1 Like

I smell another bonus incoming for Bobby Kotick. :poop: :poop: :poop:

5 Likes

There are lots of comments of him needing to buy a new yacht on social media.

7 Likes

Because afaik Versailles mostly holds the CM/GM/staff aimed for the French market while most of the actual workforce is in Cork. May be mistaken about that tho but thatā€™s what I remember about that office. At least for WoW, iirc there was some stuff done for HotS done there too at some point.

Didnā€™t mean it that way (granted it was pretty poorly written). Just wanted to address the concern that it would have an impact on the SL dev whichā€¦ Beside perhaps translating french posts and send them to the US Devs shouldnā€™t really be an issue.

Thatā€™s assuming Iā€™m right about what this Office is supposed to handle tho.

1 Like

There are various EU based staff at Versailles including our CMs.

4 Likes

The Versailles office employed about 400 people as of early 2019 and handled marketing, customer support, localizing games to different languages and other functions for the titles Activision Blizzard publishes in Europe.

4 Likes

Well I ignored that part so thanks. That said what happened to the Cork center then ? Was under the impression that basically every english CM/GM was working there and my limited interactions with them further supported that idea.

Damn this is actually a pretty big deal for those employees as well as the eu player baseā€¦ i am wondering how great our customer service is going to be after they close

2 Likes

No news about it. Probably because taxes are way lower in Ireland.

I feel sorry for the guys and girls getting fired.

Be aware that these ā€˜we close an office because of XYZā€™ is often just a c level decision under pressure of the shareholders.

What I EXPECT (#dontbanmeforthis) is that the shareholders will be pissed off that SL is delayed so Q4 results will be crap. To ā€˜get the attention away from this major vukupā€™ they save long term expenses by kicking out some lowbies because the ceo canā€™t lose his airplane.

See you in a couple of days :bank:

3 Likes

Blizz CS has been god awful for a few years now, if anything this will just make it more Shizzier.

Big fat bonus to the CEOā€™s though, absolute scumbags.

4 Likes
9 Likes

Youā€™re welcome to pay their wages.

1 Like