#KeepVersaillesOpen 😡

Support staff based in Cork, well some of them anyway.

I do not know the exact location of all employees but to say it’s only France affected by Versailles is not entirely correct.

3 Likes

Nah
 I’ve got better things to do then PvP on social media :stuck_out_tongue:

I also kinda feel that at this point, everyone who works for the mega corporation in a non-executive position is aware that they are expendable. The 2019 layoffs were a pretty substantial reality check.

For what it’s worth, they will be compensated, still I’m sorry for those that are about to loose their jobs.

I hope they find a stable and more respectable career in a different company.

2 Likes

as i said in an other post, I think the reason many Us companies, is more or less leaving or concidering to stop in EU, is the european unions new strict laws against, how companies can use peoples personal infos, what makes specialy us companies, having to revaluate, if it is even possible to stay open in EU or would it be realy expencive to change their system on how they work.

this meens leaving and shutting down is much more affordable in the long run, considering this one Versaille is pretty much pr company, it can fit the category also.

3 Likes

woah, so edgy

3 Likes

At the moment this is at the best a theory of why they could have closed but i prefer facts over theories.

Activision business model is crap , employees skip meals so a bunch of individuals make millions . Pyramidal crap .

5 Likes

I will never understand why lay offs are bad, if they think they dont need that office why keep it? If they did a bad job why keep them? And who cares anyway its their business they decision to do so.

I dont care if I would have to play shadowlands for 5 years or whatever just w/e it takes for blizzard to get rid of this plague activision

3 Likes

yeah just a theory offcourse, but I was reading the new law, and oh god will it make problems for a lot of companies.

the new data protection law, literaly stops you from using any information of an EU citizen, unless you get permission to do so, and even whit permission, you can not use it to check what that person is doing, and this includes everything, and even games, where a company can not use the data of what you are doing in a game at all, like what you like to do, what you spend most time doing, things like that, if there is any chance the company can use this information to get some gain of you.
atleast if I have understood the law right, not enlgish native speaking so I might have understood it totaly wrong, correct me if so, please.

1 Like

businesses close everyday nobody bats an eye
 blizz does it and we get people up in arms :joy: like who cares
 nothing will change

your game wont change the forum wont change

yeah it sucks for ppl that lose their job, but ppl lose their jobs almost every day and you dont care about that either

2 Likes

Because it’s EU customer support taking a hit. It’s EU CMs/GMs.

It’s 400 people losing their job in the middle of a global pandemic. They couldn’t have waited until it was over? They sure as heck got the money to keep it open until the pandemic is over

5 Likes

becuse at times, shutting down things makes no sence, now I am not saying this is the reason for this one,

but take UPM in Finland, they shut down a factory here, that literaly was making profit, for reasons none realy knew at all, most likey becuse it is cheaper to open up a new one somewhere else.

2 Likes

Well I am not a native english speaker myself and i dont know all the details of the information protection laws.

But yeah according to the news page the gave us a link to about 400 people are going to lose their job thats bad in my opinion and we the eu player base are probarbly going to suffer in some form as well

But as for reasons why they are closing i think we can all only gues and theorize

2 Likes

yeah offcourse we can only quess, never fun when it happens, would be intresting to know why though.

1 Like

It’s very sad but ultimately I do not think there is anything that we can do.

1 Like

I always wondered why they had two European offices.

If I had $30 million I would.

3 Likes

Yeah, reality is very edgy. Wages need to be paid, it’s just as ilicit to hire as it is to fire. A business can’t really pay wages indefinately.

Not just that it’s not far from the Xmas holidays too :frowning:

3 Likes

It’s just you.
Businesses don’t post condescending comments on forums related to topics about people losing jobs.