Keybind Reachability Question

Hi all.

I’ve been using a Razer Naga Trinity for a few months now and while I like having the 12 buttons on the side, the Razer software really annoys me in a few ways (I can’t seem to get profiles downloaded to the on board memory, and if I try to run Synapse without being logged in, it just seems to default to using the colour cycling, not whatever I have in the profiles). So I’ve been thinking about ditching the Naga and going back to a regular mouse that doesn’t need software like Synapse 3.0, and as a result I’ve been looking at finally doing proper key bindings.

I’ve looked at a couple of guides, but I have a question… When using WASD as the movement keys, how do you deal with the keys that are at the extremes of your reach? For example, if I want to reach Y or H (both of which I have seen recommended as possible binds), I have to move my fingers from the movement keys, which seems to me to be a bad idea. Some of the keys can be reached easily by moving one finger to the new key, but it seems that there are a few that would mean I have to move my whole hand, however breifly, to reach. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Personally speaking - im playing on a cherry slimline keyboard which is basically just a notebook sized keyboard without numpad.
All keys are a bit smaller and easier to reach, also I dont have any key farther away then TGV and use shift or ctrl combinations instead for all skills. Stuff like character, bags, chat whatsoever are placed on the noncombat side of the keyboard.

Thanks for the reply. Do you use the number keys for any binds as well?

1 to 5, same reach as on the other keys there.

Thanks for that.

Yeah if you can’t reach them comfortably, don’t use them.
Personally I use a keyboard similar to @Lentat and my binds are 1-6, Q, E, R, F, X and C. With and without shift modifiers, and some with alt modifiers aswell.
Gives me like 36 keybinds or something like that.
More than enough for all needed spells, plus like mounts and stuff.

Again, thanks.

One more question… what about using abilities while moving? It seems like you’ll have to take a finger off a movement key to use some of the keybinds / abilities. Is this a problem, or have I missed something fundamental…?

If you’re not using a razer naga mouse or something similar you would probably wanna move by pressing left and right mouse buttons simultaniously to move and thus freeing up your finger to press a numeric button on the keyboard.

The thing is, I am currently using a Razer Naga Trinity - it’s a great mouse, but I can’t stand the Synapse software, that’s why I was looking at trying regular key binding. However, having used it over the weekend, I think I will put up with the software, as the mouse itself is really good.

Oh ok cool. Yeah I don’t mind synapse. At least in my experience it’s better than the corsair software :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.