Keyboard keys configured as multiple key input

Hello,

I use a Razer Orbweaver and Logitech mouse that have the ability to configure a key press to equal a combination of keys pressed (Press mouse button 5, actual key input is Alt + Shift + W for example). Is configuring hardware keys in this fashion allowed?

For me I am using this functionality for the Opie addon, where the key binding is configured for multiple keys eg Alt + H, but I simply press a single button on my mouse which invokes the Opie ring.

Appreciate any feedback regarding this.

Anything that can do what in game macros can do is fine.

Simple rebinds, even with modifiers, are fine.

You’re allowed to do what you’re wanting to.

I have the same setup for many abilities. I’ve configured Bartender to use a CTRL+ALT+ combination and I’ve used the same combination in the Roccat software for my mouse and assigned to an unused button.

The same thing can be achieved by an ingame-macro, so why wouldn’t this be allowed? If you’re concerned about the multiboxing thing that’s been going around, those pick up software sending a single keystroke to multiple clients as far as I’ve understood it.

As long as one keystroke results in a single command being sent to the game, it should be fine.

You right, the multiboxing thing is what got me thinking about this when i was configuring some new multi keybinds on my mouse last night. I realise its not broadcasting, but got concerned it may be viewed as not allowed “behaviour”.

Yes, you can do that.

I actually do it, and I’ve been doing it since 2008, and I haven’t had any adverse consequences.

In my specific case, I am using the Logitech software to rebind the left mouse wheel tilt to +. The reason for this is that left mouse wheel tilt is not detected in WoW, but + is, and left mouse wheel tilt makes for a fantastic tab targeting keybind.

You are not allowed to make sequences in the software, e.g. press 3 on first click, 4 on second click, etc. You are also not allowed to make it run timers, e.g. click 1, wait 1½ seconds, click 2, wait 1½ seconds, click 3, etc. You are also not allowed to send one click to multiple instances of WoW.

But remapping a button? No problem!

In your case you could actually just bind MB5 directly in the game though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.