Keys being bound to the wrong key

I use a multi-button mouse and have keys macro’d for the Key 2 (alternate) key binds. For example, action button 1 has its Key 1 binding set to 1, while its Key 2 (alternate) keybind is set to LEFTARROW (which is the key assigned to my mouse button). Everything works correctly, however, the Blizzard UI keeps swapping Key 1 with Key 2 in the interface whenever the interface reloads. How can I stop this? I want to see Key 1 keybinds being displayed in my UI, not Key 2 keybinds.

Thanks.

I’d be curious what addons you have. ElvUi, for example, is notorious for changing bindings, screwing with profiles, etc.

I’m also using ElvUI, but I’ve used it for a long time but only saw this issue when I came back to the game in July. Even if I use the blizzard interface for binding, as soon as I relog the key 1 and key 2 are swapped. Its so annoying !!!

This genuinely sounds like an addon/UI-mod has altered some of the internal variables related to keybindings, and since those variables are stored on the server later they keep getting called back on each login (even after the addon itself may have been removed).

There is a way to clear/reset all of the variables, and re-sync them afterwards - steps are listed below, please execute them exactly as listed:

-type the following commands into the gamechat, one line at a time and each confirmed via the Enter-key:

/console synchronizeConfig 0
/console synchronizeSettings 0

-log out and fully exit the game
-locate and delete the folder that contains your characters locally stored variables, it should look something like "World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF\Account\{numbers here}\{Realm-Name}\{Character-Name}" - if the character is on TBCC, please look in the "_classic_" subfolder instead of "_retail_".

-start WoW again, log into the affected character once more
-use the following commands:

/console CVar_reset  
/console CVar_default                                                                                      
/console synchronizeConfig 1
/console synchronizeSettings 1
/console ReloadUI

What this does is un-syncing your character from any previously server-stored variables, clearing out any that exist on the computer, resetting them to defaults, and then re-syncing so the information is kept for the future. You may also want to globally reset the keybindings in the game via the associated function in the menu, just to be safe. :slight_smile: