Kiting as tanks is idiotic

don’t make tanks kite. fix it. there are some fights when even without necrotic you have to kite

5 Likes

Make a Druid you can cheat everything

1 Like

No paladins in lore are more powerfull than druids. Who defeated the lich king? a druid? No it was a frecking paladin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWgZcuqzvKg&t=239s

Since when lore has anything to do with the game balance?

1 Like

I love them for this :rofl: collection quest: pop flight form and ignore the whole world! Too much trash? Pop prowl and poke straight the boss’s ankle!

Are you kiting in a +14?

1 Like

Are you doing +14s in ilvl250?

I haven’t done a +14 since October 2020.

Ok so the answer is yes, if the team is not outgearing the +14 key massively then the tank has to kite several packs.

Define “outgearing massively”

And Holy Priests can be Void Elves. Gameplay=/=Lore

By your logic, gear solves the kiting issue. There is no such thing as outgearing massively +14. Btw, I am not 250 ilevel but 248level, and the guy making the post is 241 ilevel.

So, by your logic, we conclude that the 7 ilevel differences from 241 to 248, suddenly becomes massively outgearing a +14? Obviously not, this “Scubadiver” problem is not knowing how to gear, its not about adding ilevel to his character. If he wants an easy tank without kiting, he may as well go spam thrash as a bear.

I facetank every 20+ dungeon on fortified in pugs, with the exception of De Other Side. It’s a matter of knowing what to target, what to interrupt, what to stun, what ability to use, it’s also about coordinating with Dpser’s on what to interrupt.

1 Like

So why are you commenting on something that has 0 relevance to you? You are not new to tanking, you are not gearing up your main, you are not climbing keys with your main.

If are trying to prove that tanking is totally okay in the game right now and that it is enjoyable and fun than I can not take you seriously.

1 Like

I simply answered your question, may I remind you that you made it about me?

1 Like

You’re outgearing a +14 at like 226 already.

It is a matter of finding the playstyle that suits you more
In my case I like to be pretty much always face to face , I found that’s my playstyle.
I won’t be making a living out of Blizzard even if I was doing 25 or 26+ keys, so I pug all the time and I feel so much happier following my own path and finding out which things suits me more and which things no.
Prot paladin is not between the best for this kind of playstyle at the moment and I dont think this will change.
Iam sure prot paladins will finish up later part of the expansion very strong though.

Yep, Paladins are not meant to be the best tank for facetanking. It just gets the job done, what it is good at is snowball carrying the team. In the right hands, it is without contest the best tank in Pugs especially when players tend to mess up badly. I can single-handedly save 3 players in a group if there was a AOE one-shot mechanic, no other tank comes even marginally close. You can practically give another player a 40% damage reduction for a wopping 20 seconds every 2 minutes, thats really strong.

In raids, It can outheal raid healers, along with having one of the best instant and strongest heals to heal any player.

Like every expansion, Prot paladin starts weak, and ends up being one of the strongest end of Expansion, due to it having one of the best gear scaling

Not true. It’s not the best at constanly facetanking huge pulls which is generally the meta for keys. Paladins excel at constant chainpulls picking up more when cd are avaiable, and filling up with self sustain when the healer needs a break.
The problem with this is that every xpac more and more dps classes move to burst rather than sustain, making chainpulls not effective.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.