Korthia Content not really 'farmable'?

Hey im trying to play a lot in the new zone these past 2 two days so i can gear my char without having to play with toxic M+ Pug groups but after what feels like killing 3 rares and looting 5 chests there isnt anything left to except running aroung and seeing a mob who carries like 5 fragments.

With this progress im having my char decked out when the next patch goes live so am i doing korthia wrong or is that place just really unrewarding?

2 Likes

Right now is unrewarding, apart of tons of anima, maybe with more renown we will have more stuff to do, since there is a hub who only unlocks are 44 if I’m not mistaken.

Next week we’ll also get the new dungeon. Pugging it is bound to be less toxic. It drops 226 gear, has 8 bosses so catching up through it will be viable.

Yesterday I was super excited and there was lots to do but they’ve really dropped the ball on Korthia compared to Mechagon. There is very little ‘tier’ reputation to be gained and it’s gone from feeling good to moving at a snail’s pace.

People aren’t even calling the rares out anymore and chances are you wouldn’t get to it in time anyway. The rares that do appear as big stars on the big map die so quickly you can’t get to them, the ones that are only stars on the minimap last even less times.

Today was just boring. The treasures vanish within ten seconds or so and this brings out the worst in people. The rares you can rarely get to and you are just expect to camp for hours. This is not engaging gameplay. Some people have managed to get to tier 4 which is very nice ofc, I only managed 3. The vendor is gating various items that would give us more things to do. I’m not a huge fan of this ‘requires covenant bla to start’ either.

Huge thank you to all those that do list your rares in the group finder. You people are the real MVPs, I would have got even less done today if it hadn’t been for some of you.

11 Likes

This is just stupid design…

There is another problem with the treasures which is if you got aggro from mobs you can’t even click them. I’d say the treasure concept ist the most annoying in korthia it’s horrible.

1 Like

Agreed.

And yes; it’s lacking something.
I’m not sure if more stuff will be unlocked there, but if this is it… Ehm… Bye subcription, I suppose because I’m NOT spending my next X months doing this 1 dreary area with 3 quests per day that are done in about 15 mins tops. I don’t want to ride around Korthia all day long hoping for things to ‘pop’.

The Towering Exterminator rare got stuck on my shard literally over the edge in the abyss. People were looking down at it and waiting for it. :rofl:

1 Like

It baffles me how they still haven’t converted them to just be personal, lol. It’s impossible to get to one in time unless it spawns right next to you.

1 Like

Sounds horrible and I guess once again they forgot about lessons learned.
Or am I the only one who thought the pre-patch rare’s were done great?

I just can’t shake the feeling for whenever we take a step forward, the next expansion we take two back.

1 Like

Worse is that people will wait for you to try and watch you fight the mobs while they go and loot the treasure. They wont even help after they’ve taken the treasure and started that awful timer.

3 Likes

Agree the vanishing treasures us just a weird and stupid design.

I can understand on some like the Tasty Mushroom thing as they’re needed for a mount, but other treasures I can’t understand why they vanish.

I’m stuck on a quest collect 20 things as you loot them from treasures and there are none to be found.

I’m yet to see a Tasty Mawshroom, I’ve had various other Mawshrooms so far.

Managed to loot 3 Invasive Mushrooms, not one dropped a tasty mushroom

1 Like

I’m not sure if they all have the same effects if you eat them but I experimented with one today.

Agree OP this is absolutely disgraceful. And an all time low for blizzard in all honesty. I’ve rerolled because they gutted my main class, and I know full well it’s gonna be an absolute pain to try pug KSM.

So I want to gear up a week before raid/new seasons? Sweet lets go farm some soul ash we can trade to get my alt a rank 4 before evetythings released. Oh wait we can’t do that untill we’ve finished campaign, and got renown 44 on all the charas we want to trade it over. Wait what? That’s an insane time gate, and absolutely gonna screw me over for next week.

Ok at least I can get some gear and upgrade it, some of its BoA sweet! Wait you need honored rep, and 1000 stygia a piece? So that’s 20 rares in the maw, for a RANDOM piece at 200ilevel? Which you then have to spend what 3000 of this new currency, which you can’t even get in a day farming 12 hours.

Seriously blizz, absolutely disgusting. Completely changed from PTR which was no time gating, less painful and far simpler. It’s literally just time gated to the max, because they’ve released a disgusting amount of content from an 8 month draught. We’ve literally paid 2x AAA titles for this, I honestly don’t blame people going to FF14 you get none of this nonsense.

2 Likes

That reminds me of Tanaan when some had flying before me :frowning:

1 Like

Right now, Korthia is more or less timegated behind new Covenant Renown levels and daily blue quests. for example, we only unlock(From what I have gathered) flying in Shadowlands once we complete the renown lvl 44 campaign.

I’m not against time gating story quests. But you are absolutely right about the catch-up gear… I will never use the upgrade options because next week we all run m+ like crazy monkeys

1 Like

Rares spawn too slowly and there’s too few off them. If you can get to one, good luck! You can’t really farm it.

Mechagon always had something going on and you could farm it good, but not there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.