Lag spikes/ freezes

Since the new patch my pc lags/freezes for 5-10 seconds and not just wow itself.
Any solution?

21 Likes

Hey Bryci,

Most commonly (and especially so after a recent update), issues like this would be caused by out of date addons that may not have been updated to be compatible with the new changes. So a great first step would be Resetting the WoW User Interface.

If you’re still having the same problem with no addons running and after a fresh reset, continue with the steps from this page: World of Warcraft Performance Issues.

Same here…huge screen freeze and fps drop. Its working fine with dx11 legacy. but i have -30 fps…

6 Likes

Can I ask are you both on MACs? As we are experiencing an issue with MACs right now: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow83-fuzzy-graphics-fps-drop/410212/9

I’ve deleted my addons and still getting 5-10 sec freezes regularly now, sometimes even complete crashes of WoW and almost my PC along with it. Incredibly frustrating as other games run perfectly fine on my PC but WoW really doesnt. Didnt have those freezes last patch at all, although i still have fps stutters increasing the longer the game is running it seems.

So far this patch feels almost unplayable, as not even in raids im safe from the crashes which really screws me over. As im entering visions, the freezes are there already taking off time… very reluctant to even try play mplus like this.

7 Likes

No, playing on PC, the issue is still there without addons

5 Likes

Can I ask if the problem is still occurring today?

I see another topic on this where they mentioned changing to DX11 Legacy may help for now until it’s fixed. But someone else mentioned that last nights update fixed it for them.

I have the same problem, still today. Game freezes for 5-10 secs, seems to be when changing shard in the world.

2 Likes

Its working with dx11legacy, but its a 30,40 fps drop…

I have the same issue. 10 second freezes every few hours or even an hour sometimes.

This is still going on :frowning:

The game is unplayable for me at the moment, warfront had my game freeze literally 90% of the time - i cant be in or near areas that are affected by the new patch anymore without the game crashing or freezing for several minutes sometimes - never had this issue before the new patch

Same here. The problems started right after 8.3 hit live and 8.3 zones are unplayable at the moment. I’m also suffering from memory leaks since 8.3.

2 Likes

indeed, no fix given so far

Legit died in a Vision to said lag spikes.
Unfortunately Blizzard doesnt refund any of it, so why bother complaining.
Customer Support sure wants to help, but if Management only exists to milk Customers you can expect less Customer Care in the future.

2 Likes

very true, unfortunately

having problems with lag spikes/ freezes aswell , especially in new zones, sometimes in leveling zones aswell. No fix yet.

1 Like

Maybe adress the other huge post about these freezes? It’s not, I repeat NOT an addon issue. Many of us are holding off from playing right now due to these freezes.

Its not fixed. Still happening. It’s aweful. Should be prio 1 right now.

Awfull lag 4k+ ms to 7k+ms. On this toon and Azuremyst.

Edit: same issue on my Ally toons on Thunderhorn. Lag starts Building up from 38 ms and gradually the World lag goes up first to some 4k+ ms and then the Home lag follows, but never seems to reach the World lag. 3k+ ms anyway.

Today’s reboot seemed to work. No more issues for me.