Laptop recommendations?

Hey all, I need advice/recommendations for a gaming laptop since I’m not the most knowledgeable on this topic.
I don’t have the option for a desktop pc. I’m looking for something that can play wow and diablo3/4 in the future.
Since I don’t have unlimited budget (up to 1500?) I’m not looking for anything cutting edge, I want it to play the game decently, not have a weak battery and I especially don’t want the ventilators to sound like an airplane taking off after playing a while.
Any help is appreciated!

If you want a laptop primarily for WoW, I would strongly suggest waiting until you are in a position to get a desktop… otherwise you’re only going to be disappointed.

If, however, you want a laptop for other purposes & WoW is an ‘added extra’, then get a machine to suit the primary needs first & game as that machine allows.

Laptops are NOT what gaming was intended for… they are the be all & end all of ‘machines to do work on’ ONLY & anyone who tells you otherwise is misleading you.

2 Likes

Some Ryzen 4800H laptops are really good and the CPU is very strong versus what we had previously. Add 1660Ti or high power RTX 2060 variant and you are good to go. XMG/clevo resellers seems to have one of the good ones.

But still it’s premium over a desktop :wink:

WoW is CPU heavy, you really don’t need a great GPU.

If you don’t care for anything too pretty, I’d recommend getting the latest Asus TUF Gaming. They have great price to performance. They come with 8 cores and a 1660 TI gpu. As for battery, you can’t expect much from a gaming laptop. You’re probably looking at 4 to 6 hours.

If you are playing on a 1080P/60Hz display at medium settings, that might apply.
But if you want to play at 7+ or higher resolutions/refreshrates, you will need a powerful GPU.
Shadowlands has upped the requirements quite a bit (judging from beta experience).
Even my 2070S is easily maxed out.

I’m running almost everywhere 120FPS with an RX 580. I’m not sure how your 2070s is maxed out

In 1440P? What settings? Which CPU?
Also i was talking about the Shadowlands beta… but i can max out on live too.

3600x overclocked to 4.4ghz base clock

Lenovo Legion y540 with screen size 17, this beast cost me 1 300 euros and it literally outperforms my 32 gb ram i9 core stationary pc somehow!

Specs on it is i7core, 16 gb ram, all that shaboosh

And super sexii keyboard!

The only downside of it …

It has a battery time of 90 minutes & sounds like a jet harrier when playing wow

zephyrus g14

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.