Laptop that will run bfa and future expansion

Hi all,
as the title says how much euros we need for such a laptop that can run the game at good fps at the medium graphics settings?

Thanks
Alex

For 1080p mode 4-7: GTX 1050 Ti would be minimum, GTX 1060 easy plus newer 1660, 1650, 2060. Upcoming AMD 5500M and 5600M likely also. Such laptops start from 700 EUR+ new.

Cheaper and more mobile options would be MX250 or bigger AMD APU/best upcoming 4000 series: that should run WoW on mode 3 at acceptable framerate and with tinkering maybe even good.

1 Like

btw is not wow more cpu intensive? Would not be better a laptop with an i7 and worrse cpu than a i5 and better cpu?

You need some level of CPU performance and above that you get super diminishing return of value. If you have a 60 Hz panel then all you need is reliable 60 FPS. If you have 144 Hz panel then good luck having any high FPS in raids and some mass player events anyway.

Right now there are 6-core+ Intel mobile CPUs which are very good and in a month/two there will be competing AMD 8-core monsters. Plus likely Nvidia Ampere in March (although mobile may come later unless pressured by AMD mobile cards).

So if you want ultra-portable then pick good Intel U or upcoming AMD U CPU (high clocks, amount of cores). If you want normal one then pick the standard mobile i7/i9 or upcoming AMD H and you will be good to go. i3 are pointless, i5 - meh, unless it’s 6-cores.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.