TLDR: When playing epic battlegrounds, and all players are fighting at once, do you experience latency?
Throughout the majority of this expansion my friends and I have had issues with performance during the mass brawls in epic battlegrounds, specifically where 70-80 players are all fighting simultaneously. Up until this week, we had accepted it was going to be part of having a huge number of players battling at once, however we’re now finding one faction has been using the server performance in one specific battleground to their favour, as their base NPCs to demolish players whilst everything lags.
- Only happens when all players are fighting at once, e.g. Wintergrasp first fight at Sunken Temple, Isle of Conquest first fight at Workshop, Ashran base surge.
- Pressing abilities and either nothing happening, button icon highlights but spell does not cast, casts go off but the graphics continue for many seconds after the cast finishes
- Performance issue is reduced by running without any add-ons but it doesn’t completely resolve it.
- Running graphics at recommended, not using a potato computer
- If the fight is occurring on the other side of the map, latency is still felt from the graveyard, far, far away.
I know that other players have these issues too as we see the chat flood with complaints on lag, but I just wonder how many others here on the forum have tried reporting this, and if so, what responses did you get?