Some welcome changes in the class DK tree. DA and Lichborne baseline.
However even without testing im realy worried that you guys went overboard with the resource generation nerfs.
- You remove the access to Horn of Winter for Unholy. This was something we wanted ever since you redesigned Soul Reaper in Shadowlands. We lost our 2 runes on demand that we used to have in BFA. Now they are gone again.
- You remove the access to Runic Empowerment for Unholy. Yes, this is a big deal because Runic Corruption is way worse than RE. Buff regeneration rate of Runic corruption at least x3 if this stays.
- Runic Attenuation is nowhere near as effective for Unholy compared to DW frost builds.
- Both new talents - Insidious Chill and Gloom Ward are very very bad. You removed two highly usefull talents that improved our gameplay, smoothed out our rotation and give us … nothing in return to at least compensate in some other way. If we going to be stuck with downtime again… at least make those talents gives us something extra durring our cooldowns.
The unholy tree
“Unholy has been a class with a higher downtime and while we think some downtime can be okay, it’s important to find a balance between too high and too low.”
No guys, Just no… No downtime is OK!!! Please. You had something good going. And you trying to break it.
- The nerf to Festering strikes is another major blow to the resource generation. Why remove Scourge Strike. Please reverse this change. Remove the Festering strike chance if you must chose one of those two abilities. But leave Scourge strike with some chance to refund a Rune. Yet another reason for this is - In the last couple of years all unholy players wanted one simple change - Remove the RNG from Festering strike wound generation. Make it so it applies 3 wounds and thats it. You even mentioned earlier this alpha that you are looking to reduce the randomness. Removed the old talent that gave us extra chance to apply extra wounds. Then added this talent. And now … nerfing it so its almost useless. WHY?!
Festering strike is such a bad ability - Costs too much, doesnt do high enough dmg and has too much RNG. Fix this pls.
- Replenishing Wound nerf to our Runic power generation also. WHy?! So we get less Runic Corruption procs. More downtime? WHy?
I could understand one of those resource nerfs… But all 3 at once… im worried.
The rest of the nerfs… are fine i guess. It will come down to Number tunning at the end. So im not worried yet.
However the change to Plaguebearer is another major blow… We wanted something like this, to spread wounds for easyer target switching/soe setup since… forever. You gave us almost perfect solution to this problem… And now you ruin it again?
45 seconds was perfect.
Ghoulish Frenzy buff is ok - But i dont think it will worth it compared to the other talents on that row. Maybe if you buff it to 10/20% would be better. And make it last as long as DT lasts. Not only 15 secs. So it has some synergy with Eternal Agony.
Unholly Assault needs to change back to Unholy Frenzy (from BFA) and removed from GCD. That is what would make this talent selected. Because… Newsflash - ever since you changed it to Unholy assault - NOBODY played it! Dead talent. Dont wait 2 more years to realise that.
Speaking of GCD - We still have WAAAAY too long opener with way too many GCD that we press before we actually start playing the game. Still almost nothing has changed to address that. Remove Dark transformation from GCD (and its useless AOe dmg that it does when you press it)