Lawsuit (experiences, advice)

Hello there,
Anyone here ever had experience to file a lawsuit against Blizzard for theft aka unauthorized charges or is there some minimum amount they have to steal before you gain right to sue?

For example, Blizzard freeze account for subscription not being paid and they claim there is no such payments while bank displayed evidence for completed transaction. Can be this considered as an agreement breach?
I also heard lawsuits are very expensive , but if you win the case, the defendant have to pay?

Genuinely interested in your opinion.
Thank you in forward

if i were you, i read the eula first before i even thought about sueing anyone.

it starts at point 11.

2 Likes

Yes if you specifically include everyone, but there is no actual details included… Just general discussion. But i understand your point, thanks.
I’ve should ask some professional right away, losing time for everyone like this…

all i know is that a professional probably costs way more per hour than what you are sueing for.

have you talked to your bank yet to charge the money back? have you contacted blizzards support concerning the payment issue?

sometimes it takes a while until your sub renews so its hard to say when we have to judge from so little information.

2 Likes

It’s okay, i will wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to see if it’s gonna be resolved but payment has gone through that’s for sure. That’s why i was so annoyed, no money but no access to game either. Moreover i think i made this topic rashly.
It’s whatever there will be other games to play, but waited so long to come back from summer work to start Shadowlands and it feels bad lol.

Breaks out the popcorn

4 Likes

customer support is usually quite swift in resolving money issues from my experience. just to be on the safe side i d create a ticket including all possible information if i were you. if it gets resolved quicker than the answer you can still cancel the ticket.

there can always be issues with transferring money so its better to be rather safe than sorry. having worked in cs before, systems can act up and whatnot, it just happens. it sucks when it does but its usually fairly easy to resolve, especially when the payment just got stuck somewhere.

depending on how you paid, it can also take a while until the money arrives and the sub can kick in.

good luck though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I understand.

My guess is that his transaction failed, and what he is seeing is ringfenced funds. lol.

Seems that way. It can take up to two weeks to get your money back from the bank. I think that they think that Blizzard has it.

Very likely the case yes.

Authorisation for payment requests do “ringfence” the funds almost immediately on the bank account, however the actual debit can take 24-72 hours to actually go out and if they don’t (because it failed for some reason) the ringfence is removed and the available balance on the account returns to normal.

Well this thread certainly de-escalated from a highpoint.

1 Like

Hey Eyezack,

Great advice in this thread already, and just wanted to add a few official sources where you can read more about this kind of situation as it can understandably be both confusing and frustrating when it happens:

and

2 Likes

Thank you all :slightly_smiling_face: