Layers and groups

Hey Blizzard, why is it i group up with a guild member and a random player who came for the quest mob - and we get to go enjoy different layers?

Like what is the actual point, you want to promote social experiences (even taking away RDF), then when we do group up you just stick is in isolated layers making the group worthless.

Wonder why everyone is leaving wrath classic…

1 Like

Personally I feel the massive use of layering hurts the social aspect the most. There was a time, when players met at specific spots in Dalaran to fool around or in front of the major cities to duel and to talk to other pvp players. It was an important part of socialization and server community. Now, with the permanent layering of bigger servers, its almost impossible to meet with all these individuals regularly as a group. Bounds build over time, when players meet regularly. With layers its almost impossible to stay in contact without adding them to the friends list after the first encounter.

Layering might be the worst change that ever happened to socialization in wow and in my opinion its far more problematic than RDF could have ever been.

3 Likes

During the weekend ive been in different layers to other group members and raid members all the time

Don’t get to overexcited about the layering not working as intended, a guildie of mine needed 20 mins to sync with the rest of us. Needless to say that this syncing problem is a bug, just report it.

A temporary solution to see eachother quickly is to go into an instance nearby and you’ll see eachother.

“Just report it” that is a waste of time and you know it.

its not and when enough people voice it, it will become a major issue even for blizzard. I mean we are the mfs that pay their salleries, but hey don’t waste time :smiley:

1 Like

Correct, lets do the more constructive thing and cry our eyes out in this thread instead. Becuase that’s not a waste of time.

2 Likes

I guess we all do our crying, just over different things

That would be Retail and Diablo Immortal whales, I remember reading somewhere they hardly even cover the costs from the regular 13eur subs. You and I and everyone in Classic are largely irrelevant in the income calculation of Blizzard as a whole. It’s the people who blow 300eur a month on cosmetics and services who actually pay their salaries.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.