Leeching Strike vs. Voracious vs. Bloodworms - San'layn

I’m new to Blood DK and was wondering what people think about these 3 talents, as well as how they compare to each other in terms of use cases and overall power. What are your thoughts?

Voracious vs. Bloodworms seems to be an established talent swap, but I haven’t seem much talk about it. When do you swap between them and why?
I also put Leeching Strike here because, if it applies to Vampiric Strike (as it’s technically an upgrade of Heart Strike), it would be an interesting buff to San’layn’s burst window in terms of survivability in M+/AoE. If it does not apply, then I imagine it might just be a below average talent.

Bonus question: Why is Purgatory in every build? It seems to be a nice talent for undoing mistakes, but I can’t help but think Carnage or Umbilicus could prevent those deaths in the first place by just making you more tanky. I imagine it has something to do with higher M+ keys?

Hi,
I will say some to most of the bdk builds aren’t using any of these three talents.
Although, I think that between them its fair to say that Leeching Strike isnt even a real option to consider. The healing effect is so minor and the budget is very high. This talent doesn’t lead to any better talent in the tree so almost 0 gain for nothing. As this talent is tuned right now it’s contribute nothing to the San’layn hero tree.
I would say that between the other two Voracious is slightly better, especially if you are playing the rotation correctly. Death Strike is BDK main damage mitigation and what makes us staying on our feets. So strengthen this effect is a smart choice, especially in m+ when damage is more spikey.
Bloodworms is small to almost none damage gain and very flet HPS during combat. We got better talent to invest in so budget really high for that one. Maybe ok to take it if you are beginner and want some passive heal if you dont know how to plan your Death Strike in advance.
About Purgatory. You can pass it, but is a very useful death cheating talent. It’s even more convenient to take if your beginner. BDK known for taking big hits and heal them back quickly with Death Strikes. This talent help you got a second chance if you made a mistake or even if there is a tight DPS race against deadly boss this talent can buy you and your party some more seconds.
And now about Umbilicus Eternus… Well… As San’layn working now (seems it’s gonna changed next patch), this Talent has some valid defensive value. Again, for beginners it’s great, but other players prefer some more offensive options like Carnage, Bloodshot or even Purgatory that give you more value in the right timing and not just shielding you even if there is no dangerous.
Hope this is helpful and that you will be enjoying playing this spec :smiling_face:

bone storm
is crazy good now

it costs nothing to activate it and it generates bone shields, whilst keeping you alive