Legendary quest Rune of Shadowbinding giving no credit

the raid portion of the legendary quest, “To the Test: Rune of Shadowbinding” is currently not working fully for some people, tethering to the boss works fine but upon killing the boss the tether just lingers on the dead corpse, not giving any credit towards the quest.

Same for the 5 others in my group, and some comments on the quest’s wowhead page.

10 Likes

I can vouch for this. I’ve killed volcoross 4 times, 1 LFR, 2 NM, 1 HC, and the same thing keeps happening

7 Likes

Hello Maqua,

Thanks for the report!

We’re aware of an issue with this quest, as well as another one earlier in the chain: Handling It: Taut Tethercoil, and are looking into fixes.

We’ll try to update the thread here with any news, but you may also want to keep an eye on some of the relevant bug report topics:

8 Likes

+1 from me stuck on Volcoross killed on LFR,Norm,HC no credit.

2 Likes

Is there any sort of ETA to this? given its been over 13 hours since this was brought to your attention i would’ve expected to hear something in way of an update by now. This is the last part of an already awful and buggy quest series in an truly horrific legendary acquisition experience. The least you could do would be make the quests actually work instead of wasting everyones time.

10 Likes

Well i have a ticket open about this since yesterday evening and all i got an automated message with steps that are irrelevant. so doubt they will come up with an ETA. BUT we can certainly keep bumping this thread.

2 Likes

I have the same issue here. I submitted a ticket but I was answered there is no issue at all. Instead, all the forums, especially the US ones but not only are flooded with this quest issue. ALSO the wowhead about the quest : “To the test: Rune of Shadowbinding” is also full of comments that kept filling through the night.

2 Likes

my ticket response basically told me to create a bug report and that other people and had made tickets for the same issue xD

2 Likes

Given blizz’s history of quest fixing, you’re looking at 24/48 hours before somethings sent. Especially given its just turned 9am on the US east coast.

2 Likes

24h is very optimistic sadly but yeah… i just hope they wont come and say "oh well we messed the bed but its fixed now you just need to wait weekly till reset and re kill stuff, sowwy </3 "

2 Likes

Luckily the quest still works on bosses you’ve already killed and got loot credit for. But yeah fingers crossed they aren’t just like on next reset it’ll be working hehe our bad

3 Likes

It does not. I just tried once again. I killed the bosses HC before the quest. I tried to kill them again with quest and nope! It still does not work.

2 Likes

So last time i logged in was wed 7th feb and my rare kills were at 34/50, so login today 9th feb 14.00hrs on Draenor server, killed 3 rares and no Taut Tethercoils drop???
So found this post and obviously since MS took over, Blizz has gone the way of Windows, and thus its just going to be one big S*it Show from now on I guess!!

The bug is called ‘Microsoft’ everything they touch turns to S*it, if 365 is anything to go by, we expect more of this !!

2 Likes

The quest is currently bugged however the kill credit is SUPPOSED to work regardless of if you’ve killed them or not. It’s currently broken so wont give you credit anyway.

3 Likes

+1 Not getting any credit for this quest.

Extremely frustrating. First you have to go through RNG to even getting the axe, Grind through a horrible designed quest chain, only to get stuck on a bugged quest.

2 Likes

so stil broken then, so glad i got the weapon on wednesday and completed the chain up to volcoross last night and still not have the legendary

2 Likes

Doubt we’ll see a fix for this until after the weekend.

Blizzard and their hamfisted attempts at making what they think is a rewarding questline, but is the complete opposite - just more sh*t piled on top of horrible acquisition design.

2 Likes

This is already an awful way to acquire the legendary, these bugs are just the icing on the cake.
I really hope this is resolved and pushed live quickly. I, like many others was hoping to complete this over the weekend

2 Likes

So i got my ticket answered by a very nice GM, who basically suggested i submit a bug report and feedback and they are aware of the issue etc. Like i know they are doing their job but come on… You know that we know what you are suggesting and links you are giving us aren’t helpful or solving the problem that’s just insulting…

2 Likes

Guys this isnt Blizz any more, they were sold to Microsoft who promptly sacked a load of blizz guys…

I am not holding ny breadth on this one, it now also looks like the enchanting one is bugged as i cant get it crafted!

2 Likes