Legion Quests/Class Hall Still Broken - Missing NPC's

KEY POINTS:

*Class order hall NPC’s to start your class questline in Dalaran do not exist following TWW pre-patch, so if your Level 70+ hasn’t started their Class Hall they can NOT START IT now. NOTE: timewalking with Chromie up to lvl 60 does work but as soon as you hit the level cap you’re phased into the current timeline where these NPCs no longer exist

• KHADGAR no longer exists in Dalaran interactively other than for the TWW pre-patch Harbinger questline, after this he remains purely to sit and listen to; he WILL NOT appear ANYWHERE else i.e. quest marker locations

• Crucial NPC’s to class order hall campaign quests DO NOT exist - they will not phase in even if you abandon and retake the quest nor if you restart the game

• COMPLETING THE HARBINGER QUEST DOES NOT BRING KHADGAR BACK IN ANY PHASE - For now it seems Khadgar’s interaction in TWW has removed him from all instances, whether you own TWW or not

• IF YOUR CHARACTER HAS ALREADY STARTED, the questlines are still available if they’re in your questlog, however some classes will be unable to get the achievement and therefore the class order hall mounts/weapons/armour due to missing NPCs from crucial questlines

• IMPORTANT! Sadly ROUGE classes still CAN NOT do any of their class hall due to invisible walls preventing progression in certain areas. This continues to be an ongoing issue

There is one thread we’ve found currently with a work around that seems up to date and several people have confirmed it working (linked below) HOWEVER this relies on you having bought TWW and either having friends or alt accounts that can link up with you and enable party sync in an attempt to phase these NPC’s back into the world.

Blizzard has replied as of today, 22 days ago, saying that these should be fixed as of TWW full release, however as of yet that hasn’t happened and this is the best solution we could find.
If you have any further info, or tips, tricks or just confirmation of the bug please do share your info so hopefully this can be resolved!

2 Likes

I’d like to add that this isn’t just affecting Class Hall Quests. You cannot even start the Suramar questline, so cannot complete Loremaster for Legion. This is because you need to complete the quest “Uniting the Isles” which Khadgar gives.

I also cannot find khadgar, and so cannot finish the quest The Nighthold. Also Warmage Silva is missing from the top off the Kirin Tors tower steps, so I can’t finish the world quest chain.

This is something that should be fixed. You just can’t brake core expansion quests and keep ignoring for so long.

To be fair, you can use Chromie Time to get around this bug. Its just for anyone over level 61, you’re screwed.

Hi there,

Thank you for the reports and the detailed summary, Béowulf!

We’ve had a few hotfixes go out already to help ensure Khadgar is visible when needed, though it looks like more work is needed on this, and the investigation continues.

Hello!

It is worth adding that if you have access to Timewalking Campaigns, selecting the Legion campaign actually fixes this issue (I have confirmed this on a level 60 character). However, it looks like there is a bug where if you’ve started The War Within (you get the intro quest from level 68), you lose access to this, despite being under level 71.

This post from the US forums gives more details about it: Chromie-Time Still Works at Level 68! - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com).

Whilst I know that these are separate bugs, one of the bugs is stopping a potential workaround for another bug.

For me at least the problem of Khadgar missing has been fixed. Here appeared at the Kirin Tor temple right where he is suppose to be. If only Warmage Silva would appear I could finish my Kirin Tor rep.