Let us choose our faction

Hear me out,

Wouldn’t it be cool to choose our faction? Similar to how we already can do that with Pandaren and Dracthyr.

The only reason I’m saying this is because I’m depressed playing a Vulpera on horde side. No offense, but I just don’t like the horde capital cities aside from silvermoon.

Stormwind is Beautiful and always brings back memories of when I first joined wow.

I have more explanation as to why I would love this change down below. Please read it fully if you have the time.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/😞-something-wow-related-that-made-you-frown-today/202400/5347

I know my chances are slim, and I will probably never see this change happen (unless it’s Wow 2 version) but I can still try… and hope for the best.

Edit: if you wont make every race choose, then at least take baby steps and start with a few races like Vulpera and Mechagnomes and go from there.

23 Likes

No.

Horde destroyed the night elves home and committed genocide. Why would a night elf side with the horde?

22 Likes

There are Night elves that sided with the horde. Night elf Dark Rangers specifically.

They believe Elune abandoned them, and for whatever reason decided to join the horde.

Some others went back to the alliance.

But I understand what you mean.

1 Like

There’s no reason why the story cannot work out this way, at least on an individual character basis.

Blizzard have already muddied the barriers so much that it’s hard to be against it on sheer principle. Factions are already more dynamic entities than they are rigid.

But it would require that Blizzard wrote stories to accommodate why some Forsaken felt compelled by his old Human allegiance, or family, or whatever.
Or why a Worgen might have bonded with a Tauren and an Orc and The Horde’s savage way of life, embracing the animal side of his nature.
Or whatever.

And it doesn’t seem as if Blizzard are there yet. And I don’t know if they ever will be. And if it ever comes to be, it’ll be a long time in the making. It’s one thing to allow people of both factions in the same guild, it’s another thing to have Orcs lounging around in Stormwind.

4 Likes

I dunno, maybe you would be better suited to be playing Gnome rather than desert rat.

Also if the game is causing you to fall into depressing it might be time to step outside for a while :wink: jk of course, just wanted to play on your choice of words ;).

2 Likes

Exactly.

Maybe I haven’t thought about it on a broader level. It’s easy for a Nomadic Vulpera to want to join the Alliance and stray from the rest of his caravan friends, but it’s harder to justify a Orc joining the alliance.

But as you said they are opening more and more approaches to cross faction like dungeons and Guilds. I just wish I can enter Stormwind without being attacked, as that’s where all the cool Roleplay happens outsides guilds. I can meet a random night elf walking around the city and have a good chat. I can meet a group of humans having a picnic, and have a good chat. On horde side these scenarios are rare outside of guild events. It’s always been this way with horde RP and Ogrimmar (or whatever it’s spelled) is very ugly.

Desert fox * these wonderful creatures are the National animal of Algeria.

They are very magnificent and intelligent creatures that survived the Sahara desert for thousands of years.

The best I can do on the alliance as a substitute is play a Desert human from Tanaris, which is pretty much what Ameerah is :rofl:

But yeah…… would be cool to play a Vulpera tho.

This is just a dream…. And dreams don’t always come true. I understand that.

But you can play Vulpera. Vulpera just happen to be a horde race.

You can’t just make up your own story.

1 Like

You haven’t met any role players, have you?

Our main goal is to create a story for our character and Roleplay around that. Ameerah is not a Stormwind human, but a Desert wanderer from Tanaris.

You can do anything you put your mind on, and sometimes Blizzard does help you achieve your Roleplay goals easier, such as introducing High elf or sand troll customizations.

3 Likes

But you need to stick to some of the story that Blizzard puts into the game. OR you’re just making up nonsense.

It really is a shame that they pander to these players tbh. Because this is the reason why alot of the barriers which have made the game enjoyable to many are getting broken down.

whilst in reality Cross Faction parties, and even Guilds has really broken the game. But there is a sense of faction pride that is core to the game and should never go away… whether that fits your role play fantasy or not.

2 Likes

I can be a prideful alliance patriot while still being a Vulpera.

I’m nomadic, and I decided to stray from my caravan and join the Alliance instead

How is my story breaking lore? Or breaking faction for that matter?

Perhaps I don’t like how I’m being treated in the horde since a blood elf Keeps calling me “Desert rat”. So I stray

2 Likes

Cross faction was probably implemented because it was getting harder and harder to get groups on alliance, meaning more and more people were transferring to horde and thus making it even harder.

I switched over to horde at the end of BFA and pretty much stuck with it until season 3 in SL, when they announced they would introduce cross faction play. I still lvled my druid and priest on alliance and played them a bit on the side but really didn’t put much effort or time into it.

I didn’t want to play horde but I had to because that’s where the groups were. Like, legit, I could log in every evening to play some m+ and on horde side I had to scroll to get to the end of the list and on alliance side you couldn’t even scroll at times because there were so few groups.

2 Likes

This is false

How can Nightborne never be playable a demon hunter if Felborne are actually Nightborne DHs

The Lore is completely dead for half decade

2 Likes

they did not side with the horde they literally got forcibly turned into undead. And newly raised forsaken are known to be borderline mindcontrolled to serve the forsaken. Just look at the silverpine questline were defenders get raised and instantly turn on their former people

1 Like

Because Vulpera are a horde race.

just go to Stormwind and you’ll see you’re not welcome there xD…

Because you’re spending too much time nitpicking something that doesn’t really matter. A little bit of storyline here and there not making sense doesn’t really make or break the game.

Just enjoy the game as is.

2 Likes

Letting every race be every single faction would basicly be the death for the game. Throwing all lore and previous rules out of the window

5 Likes

That could make you a toxic player if you can´t agree with Nightborne or NON-ELF DHs (Worgen or Kul Tiran for example)

But its okay for them, because they get to dress their barbie dolls and claim to be a Desert Rat of Tanaris…

As long as they can put their skills from Drama School to good use, they’re happy.

3 Likes

Not really sure how that makes me toxic.

I think for you to suddenly get defensive and calling other people toxic is the toxic take to have here.

Just because the game doesn’t work for your Drama school Fantasy doesn’t mean the game should change for you.

Blizzard should be investing resources into making an enjoyable game, not pandering to petty vanity requests.

4 Likes

Calling people who live in the desert as “rats” is highly offensive.

And you need to reply in a more civil manner. I get you don’t like my ideas, but there are better ways to reply.

Again…. No need to be passive aggressive. It’s not that Deep

5 Likes

Vulperas are Rats that live in the desert. nothing offensive about that.

I have been replying to you in a civil manner. You’re responding to a comment I was making to another Poster.

Unfortunately, I’m in agreement with the poster I was responding to (which wasn’t you).

But you see request threads like this one, and they fully disregard the way other players feel about the game the way it is right now and has always been. It’s quite upsetting tbh.

And if its’ not that serious to you, why do you become so defensive when people with a difference of opinion discuss the topic.

1 Like