Let us move characters to retail

There is no reason to prohibit us from moving retail, blizzard did showed us they dont care about classic community/realms. Just let us move characters, even if its pay service.
Its gonna happen earlyer or later anyway, give us choice.

I don’t think they will do this (yet).

Though you can submit it through the ingame suggestion box.

1 Like

Imagine the outrage from Retailers when people come on with ZG tigers, black bug mounts and Ashbringer.

My guess, they will allow us to move to Retail once progressive Classic concludes. When that will be? Idk, could be after MoP or after Legion or when Classic actually catches up to Retail if they just keep going.

At some point they’ll kinda have to though. I cannot imagine at some point Classic being over and all these characters just being stranded. Makes no sense when these are all potential players and a transfer up is probably a lot easier to do than down (as all items on Classic exist on TWW but would not on Vanilla Era). Might take a whole decade though still, who knows.

i came to classic to get away from retail why TF would i want to transfer there.

3 Likes

I don’t see a single reason for Blizzard to do that !?
Leveling a toon in Retail as easy as 1,2,3 now.

I dont see a single reason for them not to make that,its some easy cash for them. I dont want/cant re gather some stuff i own on Classic, anyway gear/titles/mounts at retail mean something only for u, there endless amounts them, and at retail noone rly care atm about ur whatever season glad mount/pve title.

Tbh i think it would be impossible as the servers are not even interconnected and if they could do it you would be looking at hundreds of your local currency probably.
It will definately not be a cheap thing.

They are on same engine, they allready changed Id’s for classic items just to have less problems with crossing, its for sure gonna take some work to implement but i doubt it anyhow “impossible”

A very good reason for them not to do it, would be because it would cause a massive outrage from transmog hunters who was told that there would be no crossover from classic to retail. And now the opportunity to farm the super rare lvl 60 naxxramas items are over.

I see absolutely no point in this, personally. I have about 30 characters on retail I have barely touched in years. If I really wanted to play retail, I would have played them already. I don’t need another 20 or so characters collecting dust over at retail client.

You had both Pandaria Remix and The War Withing prepatch almost for 5 months. I’m Remix you needed around 3 hours to lvl from 10-70, while prepatch needed around 7 hours for 1-70, but also gave you currency and better gear. If you didn’t used such easy way to level retail alts you probably don’t needtheese alts at all.

Blizzard would allow us to transfer Classic characters someday, but only when Classic progression realms would become baren.