Let's have a faction merge in 10.0!

No good faction wars can be written because that would be a violation of established lore. It is this easy really.

what’s this lore you talk about - Sean Copeland, Blizzard Historian
don’t you know that the lore exist to enhance the story not tie the hands of the creators :stuck_out_tongue:

Every single iteration of them. Banding together with people you share common grounds/common history/common interests with, in order to secure yourself a place in the world against other people who could represent a threat to that place you’re trying to keep - that’s the game. To me at least, and I’m certain to many other players as well. Temporary alliances struck to defeat a greater foe never changed anything to that core principle.

Factions are not heading towards unification, not more than they were during the previous eras of peace, and that’s obviously a good thing

i really wish it happen

since some players leave the game the hord and ally must merge to maintaine the balance players

and actually the hord masters and ally is friend mate and we are fighting for nothing :man_facepalming:

PLEASE @Blizzard Hear us and make it happen :heart:

1 Like

I switched from Horde to Alliance after all the negativity I read on the forums about faction imbalance. My RL buddy joined me (only 1 of them still plays wow). Alliance is great, very friendly atmosphere and patient players overall. Having ‘cross faction’ will expose these friendly people to the toxic ‘runwww’ horde players. I’m fine with this, but there should be a possibility to opt-in/-out of this.

Hmm… still nothing about anything going in this direction with 9.2.

Edit: perhaps I should have refreshed the forum before crafting this post.

I can finally play with my horde friends!
LET’S GOOOO!

2 Likes

Now I am looking forward to the yet un-announced world cross faction. I’m already dreaming about a brand new cross faction toggle working like PvP/Warmode.

Toggling on would maintain friendliness towards same-faction players with PvP off, as well as make opposite faction players with cross faction on friendly. And perhaps even be phased to own cross-faction shard for visiting opposite faction bases as a non-hostile player.

Naturally toggling on cross faction would make same-faction players with WM/PvP enabled appear as orange as opposite faction players with WM/PvP off. This fits the colour pattern of how players appears:

A red player is an enemy player with WM/PvP enabled and is attackable because we also have WM/PvP enabled.

A yellow player is an enemy player with WM/PvP enabled and is only attackable if we enable WM/PvP ourself.

An orange player is an unfriendly player that can not be attacked by any means of toggling on our side. However, their allegiance clearly differs from ours, despite not going for becoming an enemy player. So this fits both the relation between opposite faction WM/PvP off players, as well as the relation between same faction WM/PvP on players and cross faction players.

Blue players are friendly players.

Green players are faction loyalists with PvP/WM on and would appear orange for anyone with cross faction enabled.

Welp, that post hasn’t aged well… :innocent:

3 Likes

I’m daydreaming about a Zeppelin line between Orgrimmar and Ironforge Airfield.

Alliance Tauren?
Alliance Tauren!

Now please let me visit Stormwind without getting PvP-flagged.

If there is a merger, I will leave the game that day, never to return to the game. game over for me. Please don’t ask for such stupid things. Don’t screw up the best part of warcraft.

Now, let us sum up the Shadowlands Maw introduction quest line:

• Lady Jaina Proudmoore is found protecting an injured Thrall.
  • Anduin Wrynn tends to Thrall’s wounds.
  • Thrall shouts “For Azeroth” while throwing his axe at Helya.
  • Anduin Wrynn is casting major healing spells on a seriously wounded Baine Bloodhoof.
  • Alliance players patiently helps Thrall find an axe replacement - not any weapon type will do.
  • Alliance players have Baine Bloodhoof’s “eternal gratitude” for assisting in reviving him.
  • Lady Jaina Proudmoore gives Baine Bloodhoof, Thrall, as well as Horde players Mass Invisibility to help them reach the Waystone.
  • Lady Jaina Proudmoore and Anduin Wrynn helps fending of Maw forces letting Horde players activate and use the Waystone.
  • Baine Bloodhoof and Thrall helps fending of Maw forces letting Alliance players activate and use the Waystone.
2 Likes

I’m conflicted about this.

The faction system is so deeply rooted in this game that it would need an entire expansion just for the merger to happen. We aren’t talking lore only, but also logistics and tech issues.

This could be a very good move. The game has been stale for a long time now due to the faction ideology. As someone said above, WoW story is either about us hating each other or hating a big baddie.

Breaking the faction barrier would open different conflict routes that could turn out very interesting and engaging. It would also give a player access to everything in game.

A complete game overhaul would be needed. That is time and money consuming. It can be done, if the demand is there. The issue is how it would be perceived by the community. It’s one of those things that once implemented, you never know how it turns out. It could be great or it could spell disaster for this game.

However, seeing how Alliance is dying out, I think the majority of players don’t care about 15 years old grudges and just want to raid with friends. I’m up for it as well.

3 Likes

Go play alliance then? Why are you horde? Maybe you’re just old and don’t like new things? Why should we develop WoW around the fact that you’re just old?
Can you also explain what the point of having 2 factions is if 1 of them is absolutely dead?
What a stupid post.

there is almost no alliance faction if i i get mercenary buff and que BG my entire group 100% horde realms = horde player

private server merged factions and no one cares its so gooood u have many people always balanced bg pop more population for PVE

its WIN/WIN

and the best thing is i can play my favorit races wich i cant on horde. i transferd on BFA to alliance after 2 days i wrote a ticket that they can keep the money but pls put me back to the faction with players like the tools are so dead i have like 20 times more groups

the horde players made the choice to go horde right ? so why complain if your free to make that single choice…accept the concequences also by going horde and accept a longer queue…

atleast make world pvp free for all then… alliance vs alliance , horde vs horde and alliance vs horde… you want world pvp back ? thats how you do it then.

Okay Blizzard, I hope you are prepared to say the words today.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.