Level 40 and not sure how to unlock rest of the game

Hello, I am a returning player playing I guess retail version and was wondering where and how to unlock the rest of the game. I am at level 40 and not sure what expansion I need to be looking at. Thanks

Hi and welcome back!

There is no blockage or gateway at level 40, nothing special you have to do to get past.

The first gateway is at level 20, and this site is showing the character you are on as level 20. Did you really mean you are level 40?

To get past level 20, you need to pay for gametime, usually by subscription these days.

You can buy 2 months of gametime here:

or set up a recurring 1-month, 3-month, or 6-month subscription here:

If you just want to play one month, you can sey up a one-month subscription, and then cancel it once it has been applied.

If you got to level 30, and are still in Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor, you will find i8t hard to get to higher levels, because everything will go green or grey difficulty. To fix that, go talk to Chromie, standing under a tree outside Stormwind Embassy, which you will find on your map near Stormwind Lake. Chromis will send you onwards to level in an expansion of your choice.

There is one more gated level, 60. At level 60, you need to buy Dragonflight expansion to go on to 70.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for the reply! Yes my character is lvl 40…I just needed to check the war board to open a quest.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.