Level 50 profession halt

what difficulty are you facing now?
Back in january, I needed 350k gold to level my scribe 70-100.
My brand new scribe needed 100k gold for same thing few days ago.

As it is now I’m not going to invest a huge amount of gold until something happens to professions…so I might have to wait longer than I actually wanted to in the first place.
Unlocking new recipes…hmm…they will probably come off level 100 so let’s see about that:-P

At first I was huh? you want to invest that much gold to level up your profession?! I don’t…to put in bluntly.
I wrote it in my first thread:

So I guess for you it’s peanuts to pay but for me it isn’t:-P

The most useful one for you starts at Level 60. The Raid drops start at level 80.

There might be something else.

Unfortunately, I don’t think anything will change. Whilst the Profession system itself is ‘new’ the part about requiring time and investment to level it up is pretty much standard practice in WoW.

If you’re just looking to wait until materials are cheap, then it would be towards the end of the expansions as players are selling off their supplies. Or just grinding out the materials yourself.

just a thought. If you farm the 30 minute Timer rares when you can, they usually drop an Epic. just disenchant that and you have a good chance at getting a Crystal. Likewise with WQ rewards.

If you don’t want to invest gold the other option is to grind the mats yourself.

As I said above, just start farming the 30 min rares and DE those drops.

it might seem like lot of gold investment, but within a month I got my investment back and earned another 350k, it might have been a million if I didnt focus on other professions.

1 Like

Indeed, and 10.1 is going to be a very good time to be invested in Enchanting.

I’ve played on/off since Vanilla so I know the crafting systems and it was always possible to be self sufficient …I’ve also tried to disenchant epics. So far I’ve only had vibrant shards from the DE.
In the end it’s not about how I play or do or follow the guides, systems or whatever. It’s obviously made harder and only players who just started playing and leveling their professions feel it if they are not ready to invest all their gold into it- or put all their time into renown farming. I will get there…eventually:-P

However - thanks a lot guys for all your suggestions;.)

I dont really know how to help you really.
You dont want to invest gold, you dont want to “farm” renown 8.
This time, Blizzard decided to stop with afk city leveling like in previous expansions and wants to make people actually play their mains/alts.

1 Like

I agree about the lack of Self-sufficiency. that is something I was quite vocal about at the start of the expansion.

But over time as I have continued with the system I have realised that I am self-sufficient and the system has worked very well. And I make more than enough gold to cover the cost of anything I do need.

The Ranking system is good, because to craft a Rank 3 Enchant, you need to rely on inspiration. This means you end up with stack of Rank 2 Enchants which you sell off cheaply. This means players, like yourself, who don’t want to spend money, can buy the Consumables they need to without breaking the bank. And those players who do want to go the extra mile can buy the more expensive version which usually makes up the cost of the Rank 2.

What the system is trying to do is stop players from levelling up armies of alts, mass crafting consumables and then selling them on the AH so they can get their monthly WoW token. Unfortunately, it was simply too easy to do that in previous iterations of the game.

I 100% agree that level 50-90 should be much easier than it is today. But at the end of the day, we have given you plenty of suggestions on how to get to that point. And you don’t seem interested in doing it.

I can only simply put it. If you want to play World of Warcraft, you need to play World of Warcraft.

This is the tune of it really. And I don’t necessarily think it was a bad move at all.

It has just created a far more engaging system and enjoyable game.

The only people moaning about it are the ones who didn’t get involved from the start.

And for some reason you feel the need to get rude. Fine! says more about you. I already said tnx for the suggestions and yes I don’t agree with how it’s done. People are allowed to disagree you know - that’s why we have forums to discuss it in:-P

I’m not intending on being rude. My apologies if it has come across that way.

But I’m just pointing out that the game is there to play. I am giving you advice on how to achieve your goals. But you don’t seem to want to do it.

That’s not the games fault. Other people like myself are doing it, and really enjoying it. I’m here giving you advice to help you to enjoy it as well.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.