Level squish idea

So I was watching Asmongolds stream and he was talking about the potentiallevel squish and how it will like stat squishes be another reoccurring fix that will cycle on for eternity. Rather than have this happen why not squish us down to 50 (throwing a number I like as I’m weird when it comes to numbers prefer 50 to 60) and then no longer have us level through new expansions.

Wait before you all go crazy. We already have to go through every zones story 7/7 chapters to “complete” an area so we already have a barrier to endgame content that we no longer require ‘max level’ to help gate off. We don’t get skills for leveling up so that’s another check mark off the list. And we now have to do these chapters on Alta aswell so it’s not like we need to level up to take up time while leveling.

As for stat increases when leveling this could also help with the problems of stat squishing. Now blizzard can focus on gear giving us stats rather than levels. This will potentially reduce the amount of stat squishes we need.

New players will see a lowball number of 50 which is easy to obtain and as more expansions are released previous ones could be scaled down to lower levels and broaden level zone choices making alts less likely to always follow the same path.

Just a idea with my opinions on what it could fix. Probably not perfect maybe even stupid but when you have 3 hours sleep and on lots of medication you think of random stuff

Welcome ideas supportive or constructive

I prefer not seeing any squish, not for levels, and not again for stats.
I remember going to old content raids and one shooting all bosses. Now? I still remember when they did the squish i had difficulties killing some bosses because of mechanic and that sort of thing.
Sure it wasn’t a struggle for this character, but it was a bit to maybe for my other alts.
And that was just the stat/ilvl, then what about squishing levels? I bit if they did it we will see TBC raids active as players group up to kill the bosses who aren’t well balanced.

1 Like

Just what we need, yet another thread on this.

1 Like

You would be better off adding to this existing thread, rather than starting your own one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.