"Level up raids" - this doesn't work. Tune them back to 5ppl

Title. Right now absolutley 0 people on Living flame in blackfathom depth and gnomeregan, and absolutely impossible to find a group there. People run them only for a few weeks after phase 2 or 3 release (same as Sunken temple, there is still a few groups trying to run it - but in some weeks or months, when all levelling characters 50-60 will be “new” characters, and not BiS geared for 50lvl, people will also stop running it because it will be impossible to do in PuG green/blue geared group). I think all “level-up” raids should be redesigned to 5ppl dungeons with 3-day lockout (save new design, items and mechanics - just re-tune it for 5 players), or nobody want to do it on levelling.

2 Likes

I do not think they have ever been called “level-up raids” by the devs. Clearly these raids are designed to present challenge for well-geared players of their level. You cannot brute force them even if you’re overlevelled. I have tried to do ST 3 times with lvl 60s and each time we failed because people do not know tactics. For regular levelling people with greens it’s straight up impossible

Give people time to finish off even getting pre raid bis on their mains (and im not talking about the sweats but normal people) and there will be some more runs of the level-up raids again, during all of phase 3 after the first 3 weeks or so there multiple pugs per day that ran both BFD and Gnomer on wild growth atleast

They did call them that… several times.

Here’s just one tweet

https://x.com/aggrendwow/status/1747676678405710040

2 Likes

ST could be reduced to 10 ppl.
20 is a bit much to ask for content that is no longer current and basically irrelevant (especially with all the loot from there being added to the tarnished real vendor, like what the… hell? shouldn’t that be on the Wild Offerings vendor if anything?).

i think BFD and Gnomer are fine though.

i also don’t want them to do this and then decide to expand on the philosophy because before we know it we’ll end up with 5man MC once BWL comes out, which would be a joke.

OK I am not on Twitter so I never saw it

You are not on the one place that the devs communicate with us?

alrighty then…

Twitter is a website unrelated to WoW. Individual devs who happen to be active on Twitter might say something there but I prefer to follow the official announcements of the dev team and statements done here on forums, which is the place spcifically created for player-dev communication, rather than following accounts belonging to the devs on 3rd-party websites

That’s not a thing any more tho.

They do most of their announcements for any thing over on twitter.

But you do you, I just find it to be a very weird stance, Since most games are moving over to using discord as their main form of communications and shutting down their forums.

Maybe it’s time to move away from your way of thinking?

I just saw that they even did this announcement here 6 days ago.

Gogo Twitter :slight_smile:

I do not know what you mean by “your way of thinking” but I will be using this official forum rather than looking for and then following individual dev profiles on random 3rd party websites

Besides, what I think they meant by “lvl up raids” is not “raids that exist with the purpose of levelling up” but rather “raids that will serve as engame content while the player lvl is artificially limited”

As in, sticking to these forums.

Blizzard have already moved on, I’m surprised they have not made a discord of their own yet.

Yeah I’ll follow them where they tell me to. I’d like to avoid Twitter at any cost, though. I heard it’s even more of a toxic cesspool than WoW forums

I don’t write or check comments on twitter.

But it’s where a lot of Game devs posts and also a ton of artists use it as their platform to post art & Animations.