Leveling 1-80

If i wanna level a character all the way from level 1 up to WOTLK, what is the way to do it? i mean of course without a boost. Do i start on a classic realm or how does it really work, is it even possible?

Thnx

Era realms (1-60) do not allow you to move to the TBC/Wrath realms and will never be upgraded to TBC. The only way is start on TBC realms, get to 70, then wait for them to change to Wrath realms and level to 80.

Sorry but you are a few years late to start on Vanilla, then play a max level for a year, then upgrade to TBC, play for a year, etc.

Make sure you scout out the realm you want to choose first and don’t start on a realm in this list. For approximate populations look at ironforge.pro.

So i started on a TBC realm named Mirage Raceway and leveling there so i can just keep leveling here in Azeroth until 58 and then go to TBC and keep level to 70 and later on to WOTLK, am i right?:slight_smile:

1 Like

Best realm by the way.

Anyway yes. You can access tbc at 58 but you may level outside it if you wish until 61-2 and you may start northrend questing at 68 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So is it possible to do classic Raids during the leveling?

Well yes, but actually no. I mean… level wise you’d be fine, gearwise? Not really. Not to mention peeps will be mostly busy leveling their toons at 80 at launch :smiling_face_with_tear:

The gear you get from questing and dungeons will be all fine.

Level to 70 in prepatch, get whatever proper 70 gear and then do 60 raids? As for level 70 gear people will likely run ZA as it has short lockout and like 2 Karazans, plus some rep/token gear and even on fresh realms people can be pretty high on gear.

No, not unless you are very, very lucky.

I do see quite a few ZA callouts in LFG, if not Kara. Is it that quick?

(never raided past P1 raids)

ZA is a catchup raid, with 3 day lockout. Somewhat similar to ZG in vanilla. Also there is the mount run which AFAIK can only be done until WoTLK release.

1 Like

Okay, will keep this in mind - my main could use a small bit of gear. The 10 man nature of the raid is appealing as well :slightly_smiling_face:

Can i make a clone when i hit 60 so i can have the same character in classic realm and in tbxc/wotlk? because i only wanna level one time full. It doesnt work to choose to clone.

Nope, afraid not. You have the option to level through season of mastery but that’ll make you skip tbc when they move characters to wrath servers

This sound very complicated. I want to level ONE char from 1-80 and play all exansions with the same char isnt that possible?!

As I said before, no it’s not possible. “Playing the expansions” is a vague term, all you will be able to do is level. No one does raids at 60 anymore, and 70 will stop too when Wrath launches.

1-60 can be done on Era, but you cannot move off them or on SoM, which closes in November, and you will be able to move to Wrath realms from SoM but you will miss TBC.

Wrath starts before the SoM realms close, so TBC is not an option for transfer.

To recap. Era to TBC, no. SoM to TBC, no. SoM to wrath, yes, after SoM ends. SoM to Era, yes, after SoM ends. No other options exist.

So how does this “clone”-thing work then?

It sure is! But you are getting good answers here! :wink:

It doesn’t really anymore. It was just for people who leveled on Classic before TBC hit. You can’t clone chatacters you level now and the service is being disabled anyway. So just forget the clone thing.

1 Like

So the way i see it is there are no reason to play on a classic era , its better to go on a TBC realm and level and explore in Azeroth then move to outland and further on Northrend. I havent played duing vanilla nor played classic so just wanted to try the raids, but since noone probably playing it feels more worth to level all the way to 80. If i choose and era i will be stuck at 60 i guess.

It doesn’t, it’s dead. My goodness, learn what is actually going on.

The cloning service is dead, It stopped with the launch of TBCC - or actually some days earlier.
To complicate the matter the clones on the EU servers are not yet deleted.

I’ll try to make this a bit clearer:

Standard servers:
You could in 2009 begin playing on a Classic (Vanilla) server.
Then TBCC came along - with 3 options: 1 Go on to TBCC or 2 stay in Classic - now called Classic Era. Or 3 pay to do both, as all characters got cloned and you could activate it in either Era or TBCC for free.
The clones stayed (in theory at least ) until July 26. But deleting of clones on the US servers made so much trouble, with servers being down for 8 hours or more, that the clones are still hanging around on the EU servers.
Now we’ll soon have Wrath Classic (September 26). All* TBCC servers will progress to Wrath Classic without the possibility of cloning. This means after September 26 You will play on a Wrath Classic server or on a Classic Era server - and there’s no way to go from Era to Wrath Classic.

SoM - meaning Season of Mastery
was created as a one year flock of standalone 1-60 servers with changed rules, faster levelling and more. They close down November 16 if the stay up for a year.
The idea was for all SoM characters to be ‘poured’ into the Era servers once it closed down, but now SoM players are given to choose either Classic Era or Wrath Classic when their servers close down.

*. Some servers will be “consolidated” (read deleted August 10. More of this drama if you like can be found in the pinned consolidation thread.

I hope this helped.