Leveling Warlock, Good Idea?

Hi,

Do you think it is a good idea to level a new warlock for 8.3 and 9.0 content?

I’m interested in Heroic dungeons/raids and in PvP when I have free time.

Depends on what content you’re aiming for. If you like Mythic+ then don’t bother levelling a Lock. We’re about as wanted there as syphilis.

Raiding you might have a shot, long as you don’t like Demonology. You’ll have a hard time with that one.

2 Likes

This can be applied to most classes tbh and affliction in 8.3 logs is doing a lot better then 8.2 being like 5th highest in dps.

You will still be a better compared to some other classes just simply not meta which 90% of the classes aren’t anyway.

My advice would be:

Play the 110 trials of some classes. Find what u do and don’t like about the classes.

Try all 3 speccs of warlocks tho, don’t trap yourself into a class you only enjoy one iteration of. Find a class that you like the majority of and if u can find a option you like all 3 speccs of it will be even better.

1 Like

Thanks. I didn’t know Blizzard implemented such feature!

Yes, destro and affli are pretty good. And you will always have spot in raids because of portals and summons.

When I first started playing the game, in WOTLK, I created a warlock and enjoyed all 3 specs. In Legion, I enjoyed demo and destru. Now, I only enjoy demo. The other 2 specs just flat out suck gameplay wise.

Aye if u try main the same class For Multiple expansions it never does end well :/… blizzards Demands to try re-invent the wheel every expansion has those side effects :confused:

no please don’t no more newf*** to this class please just don’t go play a mage or something it’s better

Why you bully me.

Tbh I can say this.

Warlocks are far more enjoyable then mage. Also logs don’t show the numbers between these two classes to be that wide :o

There are some classes worse off then warlocks, problem is warlock balancing goes up and down far more then some other options meaning the community perception of the class is a lot worse as people tend to stick to the memories of the class being bad.

Destro and stuff is actually performing pretty well.

I guess it depends on how far you intend to push to if class choice will hinder you

A casual who never pushes past a +10 mythic and does a lot of solo content a warlock would suit fine :stuck_out_tongue:

If your planning to push a +20 maybe play something that more consider meta haha

Fire mage logs really well, but you will see more frost mages then fire, why? Because they log well in organised groups not in pugs

Fire requires a very precise build to be viable of capable of numbers worthwhile not to mention a tank that will pull around your combustion’s.

Not saying it’s a bad specc, but for a casual intending to use pugs it’s not rly a good option either.

A warlock will outdps a fire mage in a pug or if it lacks the items to get its burst working.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.