Lf tips on doing better healing

i play holy priest and im looking for tips on increasing hps as i seem to be doing the lowest

1 Like

The obvious answer is to use warcraftlogs and their analyzer tools etc. But a more casual-friendly good place to start might be to get “Raid ability timeline” weakaura. It makes it a lot easier to keep track of whats going to happen in the fights compared to the standard notifications from bigwigs/dbm.

Knowing when dmg is about to happen is crucial as healer, even if you’re not a disc priest. Focus on preparing for the dmg with appropriate cds. For instance you probably wanna line up your salvation with the biggest dmg event, and have sanctify ready for smaller bursts of dmg. Use pom on cd (I assume! I dont play holy myself).

In general make sure you avoid downtime. Try to use instant spells like renew and circle of healing and pom when you have to move. Depending on your mana it can also be worth to cast heals even on people that are full hp in order to reset the cd of your holy words.

And ofc your gear is very bad. So if you’re competing with people that have better gear, your healing will usually seem low :smiley:

1 Like

thanks for the tips ill look into it :slight_smile:

yea i also agree my gear is bad still learning to heal its fun though

1 Like

You don’t hardcast renew in a raid, you get renew stacks by talenting into improved PoH - or whatever it’s called.
Edit: Benediction and Rivitalizing Prayers. Makes both PoM and PoH leave a free renew on your targets.

In raids you wanna run the build where your Circle of Healing buffs your PoH, making it cast faster, which will spread more free renews and echo’s.
PoM on CD is a must, even more so with the tier set this season. Most times my top healing comes from PoM.

In raids only spotheal singletarget with Serenity, which you should talent to have 2 charges (bottow holy row). Our role is aoe healing, mostly.

In dungeons (m+) this changes. You take the Lightweaver talent, buffing your slower heal so it’s faster and heals more, by using flash. In dungeons I almost never use PoH since it’s not buffed by talents.

Don’t let people convince you to try Disc for dungeons. It’s supposed to be a much more desired spec but it’s horrible to learn and requires a dps rotation, a ramp up of a certain buff and whatnot. I got my KSM last week as holy.

As for stats: mastery is bis in raids since it basically heals for free over time. In dungeons haste is more desired.

i have definitely been missing this… im new to healing so still learning iv mostly been using flash heal/heal with halo on cd

Depends which type of content you’re doing. During 10.0.7 you had a chance to play more single-target focused healing build during raids, which was tied around Lightweaver and kinda reminded how we played during Shadowlands with Flash Concentration legendary, but now, in 10.1 patch, raid healing is tied around Prayer of Healing AoE build. You can check WarcraftPriests Discord server or icy-veins for more information, but basically you’ll keep Circle of Healing on CD, as well as Prayer of Mending. Prayer of Healing is your main healing CD, which you cast always after Circle of Healing to get most throughput.

I still wish to remind you that during raiding your HPS is also based on with how many healers you play with! Obviously more healers means lower HPS as overhealing is pointless. For raiding, our main stats are Mastery + Crit, as Mastery is amazingly powerful due Echo of Light passive HOT it leaves. More Mastery (current stat cap 5400) means bigger HOT. You will see HUGE burst to your HPS! Also, during raids, you still should play with Onyx Annulet with healing gems.

If you’re doing M+ content, we’re still going with heavy damage + ST healing build, meaning Lightweaver build combined with talents such as Empyreal Blaze, Searing Light and Burning Vehemence. There you need Haste + Crit/Versa for most throughput for damage and ST healing. You can also drink quite often, so just put “all in”. Here forget Onyx Annulet, haste + versa rings are best option.

Feel free to check my talent trees:

M+ BEQAgLWW0w0PLW4I8h9jUYB9zSBAAAAAAAKkIlgkQSECJRUSSAAAAAIJtQJJQKEJSiIKNkkEUAA

Raid (PoH build) BEQAgLWW0w0PLW4I8h9jUYB9zSBAAAAAAAoQ0CJJRCpESSKUSoEAAAAgk0ClkEkChkkIoUgEhUAA

For any extra help, feel free to ask!

1 Like

thanks for this ill check out the talents :slight_smile: also thanks for the circle of healing tip i wasnt using it like that so good to know

edit: is divine star better than halo? i was always using halo

1 Like

No worries!

I think both Halo and Divine Star work in raiding environment. Halo heals more, but has longer cooldown and casting time, while Divine Star offers more flexibility due short cooldown and instacast, which lets you cast it even when moving. I personally prefer Divine Star even during raiding, reason being ability to cast it even when you’re avoiding a mechanic, moving due other reasons etc. Take The Amalgamation Chamber, for example: when you’re running away after soaking big circle (tank soak), throwing Divine Star lets you heal a little bit. You can aim it in a way that it hits as many raid members as possible.

Divine Star is always picked over Halo in M+

EDIT: And as a clarification about Circle of Healing on PoH AOE build during raiding, you’ll use Circle of Healing first because of Prayer Circle talent. It speeds up and lowers mana cost of Prayer of Healing by 20% for 8 seconds, making it much more effective.

Holy Priest is HPS bumper in raids and have all the potential to top-up the meters. Even in M+ we can bring a lot of damage and healing into a group, no matter if we’re currently considered being last on M+ healer meta list. Our class spec tree let’s us push either higher healing or higher damage - or play hybrid between both. Only downside is that we need different stats in different content, making it more annoying to gear in general.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.