LFD & VE were a huge mistake

You did?

Must have missed that then, as I didn’t read it anywhere…

But sure, they would have been more unique at least. Missing a female model though.

Krokul/broken look disgusting, LFD even with what they have currently are still much better.

Broken certainly would’ve been more unique, but I doubt more popular. LDs actually look better than regular draenei (subject to opinion of course) and better-looking races is the smarter move to add.

But playable Ogres :frowning:

Edit: Damn, was too slow to replace my post with a clever joke.

Doubt we’ll ever get them due to the “no female models” excuse. Plus it’s more likely we’ll get allied races than regular ones, and ARs are always a recycled skeleton.

Fine… Half-Ogres then!

Create a female model and use the Kul Tiran skeleton.

1 Like

Half-ogre’s an interesting idea. They could just pull them out of thin air like they did VE and vulpera too.

Personally I’m waiting for the Kul Tiran/Zandalari hybrids to become playable though. You know, those blood troll “war mothers”.

Allied Races were a mistake.

While I do agree, I don’t think that necessarily changes their path or beliefs.
Even if the light hurts the undead that may be a sacrifice they’re willing to make to stay true to themselves?
For example human priests such as Alonsus Faol and Calia, although raised as a member of the forsaken continue to use the light.
But for me, a Void Elf has chosen that path to become a Void Elf so why then would they go a full 180 and return to the light?

They could pull them out of Outland… There’s a tribe of Mok’nathal Half-Ogres there. Rexxar’s people.
Sure, they are a small tribe, but with Void Elves introduced, low numbers isn’t an argument for whether something is playable or not.

Ew…
I’ll quote you on this one. :arrow_down:

1 Like

Edgelords… Before the change to Void Elf they studied the “darkness” because it was edgy and cool.

Now they realize that among the Void Elves, everyone is into the “darkness” so they aren’t edgy anymore…
Then they start studying the Light, which makes them the edgiest edgelords among the Void Elves.

1 Like

Agreed VE were a mistake. They should have just added HE like the player base requested. Yet instead created this BS VE lore out of thin air to shoehorn their introduction. Would have saved so much time and so much nonsense, especially now they are given them the HE visuals.

1 Like

I imagine quite a few of the void elves were non-casters along as guards and scouts and whatnot that had little interest in messing with void magic.

EDIT: it’s not like their non-caster classes use the light, my bad.

Would race change in that moment and be the true disciple of Master Thal’kiel :skull:

What if they became sub-races instead.
They could be rearranged like this - while also making room for templates for the new customizations:

https://i.ibb.co/zrL1qkj/subrace-demonyms-customization-mockup.jpg

More info here:

Undead cannot be holy priests in lore, but they can in gameplay because Blizzard doesn’t see the point in spec locking classes.

See example above.

It’s almost like rational beings can put aside their own believes and work together towards a mutual goal. Who would have thought.

All alliance allied race were a mistake.

Nah, they are just racier race, like all the allied races. The only exception are Vulpera. Dark Irons are just drunker, deeper dwarves, LFD are just more fanatical about the light, HMT are just hippier Tauren.

As usual. People are mixing game mechanics and lore.

Both Lightforged and Void Elves got access to Priests that’s ok lorewise. The fact that they can be shadow/holy respectively ingame is a game mechanics thing, so you will have to live with it.

If you are a hardcore roleplayer - just never spec shadow/holy and you are fine. For everyone else - it’s just another option.

With Lightforged in particular - you can’t not give them access to priests, but Blizz is not going to do something silly like block you from switching to Shadow ingame just because your the race choice is not great for that one. They can’t give you a 1/2 of a priest or 1/3 of a priest.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.