LFD & VE were a huge mistake

Money!

I imagine that they raked in a good amount from pre-orders (unlock some races early), race changes, and people staying subbed for much longer than they otherwise would to unlock races and heritage armour. Now that they’ve flogged that horse to death we’re getting new barber shop options, which in my opinion, all of the allied races should have been in the first place.

Just like 80% of the allied races, they shouldn’t be replaced. They should’ve been customization options for the core races in the first place.

I don’t understand how your druids aren’t all over Kul’tiran druid forms. If I was currently raiding on alliance, I’d be all over those Kul’tiran druids. Hell I’d swap all of my artifact appearences on my druid (except the mage tower feral one) for those forms.

Plus their active racial is insanely fun while their passive racial is insanely strong.

I’m genuinely baffled to hear people are not playing them.

I guess cute elves and furries always win in WoW, huh?

Nightborne?

1 Like

Whatever you say, but he suggested removing the LFD and adding them as customization options, while replacing the VE with the HE.

That leaves 1 less race for the Alliance in total.

Fel infused orcs joining horde would be a similar contradiction to void elf/lightforged scenario

The void elf lore doesn’t make too much sense I agree. The Alliance welcoming a bunch of Blood Elves only because they got exiled after these Elves have been killing Alliance for years, makes little to no sense. But we all know that VE and NB were introduced to make both factions have both elf models.

LFD I don’t see the issues.
VE might as well be the most popular allied race overall

Void elves are/were a mistake. High elves should be their name. Only wasn’t added due to the huge horde bias in this game.

But it seems corporate had to step in due to so many alliance quiting and force the lawyer to go back on his words.

I don’t see the lore issue to be honest.

I think the race and class combinations are starting points, and then you can craft your character’s personal story within that space.

If you want to play a Lightforged Draenei Shadow Priest, then the starting point for that character is a Draenei that’s gone through the trial to become Lightforged.

What lies beyond that is your own personal roleplay storyline.

It could be that your character tries to be good and devoted to The Light, but struggles with the temptation of the Shadow & Void. A fallible character.

If you play a Void Elf and you want to be a Holy Priest, then you can imagine yourself as a former Blood Elf who – alongside Umbric and his other followers – were transformed by The Void after being a bit too curious.
So you’re this former Blood Elf, now a Void Elf, who tries to keep the whispers of The Void at bay, whilst still staying true to your chosen path of The Light.

Blizzard provides plenty of opportunity to invent your character’s own story within the lore space that exists.

As someone who mains Alliance, I really don’t understand all your horde bias thing. We get a ton of things the Horde doesn’t.

The only difference between Blood and High Elves is political. That wouldn’t work.

Pandaren worked.

1 Like

Yes but Blood Elves weren’t neutral from the start. That would be like giving Night Elves to the Horde - I don’t see you complaining about Night Borne which are the AR with the worst customization options.

Elves win for sure in WoW. BE is the most popular race in the game, NE is 2d popular race in Alliance, 3d popular in the game.
I do not play any of them though, but I would take them over KT at any day.

I did suggest Krokul/broken but that was me just throwing something out there without actually giving it much thought.
Still would have been a lot more unique and interesting than LFD though

1 Like

You did?

Must have missed that then, as I didn’t read it anywhere…

But sure, they would have been more unique at least. Missing a female model though.

Krokul/broken look disgusting, LFD even with what they have currently are still much better.

Broken certainly would’ve been more unique, but I doubt more popular. LDs actually look better than regular draenei (subject to opinion of course) and better-looking races is the smarter move to add.

But playable Ogres :frowning:

Edit: Damn, was too slow to replace my post with a clever joke.

Doubt we’ll ever get them due to the “no female models” excuse. Plus it’s more likely we’ll get allied races than regular ones, and ARs are always a recycled skeleton.

Fine… Half-Ogres then!

Create a female model and use the Kul Tiran skeleton.

1 Like