Lightning bolt animation feels... uhhh

Is it only me or the Lightning bolt animation is super boring and underwhelming?

Elemental feels super nice with all the things happening but the Lightning bolt is just boring… I feel like a “lightning” wrath of the druid might be better than the one we have now + keep the animation for instacast Lightning bolts ( Stormkeeper)?

4 Likes

I love it. I was so incredibly bummed out when they removed the old lightning bolt back in Cata (or MoP?) and made it this weird, vague flowing thing. The new new one with the lightning flash connecting to the target makes so much sense and looks so crisp

The bolt needs to be a lil bit more bright. CL is very visible on the other hand esp overloads.
I do love the new lightning rod animations tho. esp when they all go off on a pack of mobs. I feel like XMen’s Storm and Star Wars Palpatine had a baby and created me!!

Could do with a similar animation as the death knights death coil. Pointing your weapon like it’s a conduit for the lightning to flow

They need to update the sound.

When im spamming chain lighting the entire party should go deaf as I summon the forces of the elements in a confined area.

Or all they should be hearing is:

2 Likes

The animation has been boring since Buddha was born.

Thank you for making me literally cry from laughter.
Idk why i laughed so much but i did. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Agree, they need to do something about it and chain lighting.

Yes sir, yes it is. Our plea has been ignored for some years now.

This one must be bumped too

1 Like

But does it play poker face?

https://youtu.be/NzLC1lVWDSk

The sound and animations where much better up-until Cat, why it was changed I will never know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.