Like unseasoned chicken

man, wrath just feels completely soulless, empty, flavourless and just boring tbh.

• No challenge whatsoever, i do every raid on 10 and 25 basically all in 1 night then do laps around dalaran.

• No excitement, loot is starting to become meaningless I.E everyone and their grandmother is 4k+ GS after 2 lock-outs, i get a piece of gear and i just dont care anymore, if a lvl 5 green BOE dropped in classic vanilla id be more excited,

• 70-80 leveling dungeons are taking longer & longer to find groups and 15-70 are completely dead.

• pvp is dead

The list goes on,
only thing to do is wait for fresh vanilla servers while raidlogging.

9 Likes

Did you think it will be different ?
I don’t know why.

2 Likes

A world that is alive with danger and treasure vs laps around dala.

yes its different.

2 Likes

I still don’t understand sorry.
Wotlk is Wotlk.

lvlup 80, go dungeons, go raid, afk dalaran
I don’t know why it should be different this time, the game design doesn’t changed.
The only major things that changed is no RDF, so yes, it not encourage players to lvlup an alt or doing the old dungeons, it was obvious.

1 Like

Classic is also mostly raidlogging with world buffs and no real challenge at all, just “omg batchest stream did you see that i pulled 2 mobs and lived ahh so good guys this is amazing poggers in the lair layer thanks for twitch primerino’s” lmao

Most people were raid-logging in Vanilla Classic once they had done their pre-raid gearing, log on to collect world buffs and log out. This is the game pre-Legion, and thank god because I don’t want to play the game 24/7, I want simmer down and log in to raid once a week so I have time to do other things.

We’re also in the worst phase of the expansion, Naxx is notoriously easy and there is a massive excess of loot options within this ilvl range.

For me problem is monofaction servers. I played wotlk so long ago, but a few things I still remember are little skirmishes. When you were doing daily qst, there were often unexpected fight to spice things up. Now you can go AFK, knowing nothing will happen to you anywhere. I still remember a few names from the opposite faction because of the beef we had. Fighting every time we saw each other. Now it is so boring. You can only go to a raid, BG, dung, or arena. No fun or point hanging around in the world, because nothing unexpected will ever happen. This is the biggest failure that could ever happen to WOW. I think wotlk isn’t that bad, but without enemies in the world it is just stupid.
In Vanilla Classic, I went at 2am to the plaguelands to pick some flowers, not because I needed them but just because you never knew what shenanigans would happen. You could join random fights to save someone or be attacked or destroyed by a large group from nowhere. Some fights escalated so much that it took hours, and more and more people joined until one side just gave up. Fight for the resource, etc. You didn’t need a scripted instance or scenario. The world lived by itself. That’s why I spent so much time in there.
Today, honestly, if my friends wouldn’t play, I would quit, not because WOTLK is bad or boring (I can enjoy a lot of stuff right now), but because without enemies in the world, it is not World of Warcraft.
The worst part is that there is no hope for the future because Blizzard will not act, and there is no way for players to fix this without Blizzard’s assistance.

1 Like

The problem is everyone knows anything.
Players know World of Warcraft because they play it over 15 years.

So they don’t care about the rest of the content, the “fun” is not at the same place.
Fun now for the most of players is action, raid, bg, arena.

For me and it’s my personal experience, nobody want to do the old content for Achievements, reputation, farming, mounts, chill.
I even created a char on Thekal because it’s a fresh serv to ask if there is some AQ or MC for fun farming Achiev etc.
I receveid many mp to tell me no, there is almost only naxx naxx naxx naxx.

I assume you have considered transferring to an available PvP server with some faction balance rather than playing on Gehennas / Firemaw

I think people would just quit if they felt outnumbered if transfers weren’t an option. Especially when leveling took twice as long before

For me, it’s the inability to queue for a dungeon while questing. I, as many others, would quest and gear up and level up an army of alts just for fun, but that is not available here unless you spend an obscene amount of time doing the same old quests on every alt… and that’s certainly not fun. IMO, the ability to pop a dungeon with a generous xp reward was one of the things that helped populate the world with alts.
This is not happening here :upside_down_face:. So you get deserted zones. How social.

Of course, I think about it every day. I am watching the situation on other servers almost every day. The issue is that no such server exists where you can transfer. Only two servers, one of which is locked, have both faction ratios, such as 90:10 H:A (I am the horde). So I can try to convince my friends to go there for a lot of money and trigger a 3-month CD, only to make situations there even worse. If there were some 30:70 H:A or at least 20:80 H:A, I would join them to help him, but there are not such servers.

Its worth commenting that you have opted for a server without world PvP and could simply transfer to a PvE server - or - of course - Blizzard may simple shuffle the deck and decide to balance the servers themselves - I was under the impression that they had never taken such action but had a helpful moderator post to confirm that they have done so in the past.

It is a player created issue though

It kinda doesn’t help that Blizz doesn’t give us actual data about the servers population, we have to guesstimate from the sources of like 3 external sites combined, it’s lame af.
Also when I joined there was like 1 server with decent faction balance and for some reason it was locked LOL, AND the servers that were like 100-0 for Horde or Alliance were locked too, for BOTH factions, so you can’t even help even it out, it’s kinda weird to me, I don’t see the logic there.
Honestly, what works everytime for “other servers” is, let the weaker faction transfer for FREE to the other faction for a while, then it balances out, but we all know Blizz ain’t gonna give you anything for free ever, even if it’s really not that much to ask for.

1 Like

I have been on the same server from the start. My server became monofaction after free transfer without restriction avalble this year. And I have nowhere else to go after that. Yes, the players did it, but it was Blizzard’s fault for allowing it to happen. If there is unrestricted transerver service available, it is only a matter of time before all servers become monofaction. especially if there is a free transfer available. It’s a snowball effect combined with the fear of being stuck on an empty (opposing faction only) server. It’s just panicking people. Blizzard should control this and not let everyone move like a terrified herd.

1 Like

I not only agree - I firmly believe that Blizzard should simply take whole guilds and switch them between servers to balance them.

My suggestion is that they merge Gehannas, Jin’Do and Firemaw into 2 balances servers and then lock them as the PvP servers they are supposed to be and then offer an escape route for limited numbers to PvE servers after a couple of weeks of settling in

1 Like

Don’t you think the cycle will repeat if there’s a way out? One faction will leave and the other will stay

Allow limited numbers to specific PvE servers and keep them in a queue to restrict numbers - Blizz can do that - as players you make your bed an lie in it - I genuinely think most players on Gehenna and Firemaw never had any interest in PvP - they just wanted the largest server with multiple layers they could play on.

There was great dissatisfaction last week when layers were removed - many speculate it was to allow extra capacity for DF - I don’t know if this has changed - but Mono Faction PvP servers are ridiculous and should be balanced - if players don’t want world PvP spread them across the PvE servers in as balanced a way as possible

There are many ways to fight it, and this can be one of them. The problem is that blizzards for almost a year did nothing to improve the situation. They can switch all servers to PVE, create one new PVP, and allow free transfers from all servers for only players who are interested in playing on the PVP server. That server would have some balance because, as far as I can tell, both factions have people interested in playing on a PVP server. And this would be the only place to go for them.

you are right and Crosstail has some good points too

1 Like

Good point well made - I agree