Links in posts?

That’s fine if you don’t care about getting a forum vacation. It’s just a suggestion if people struggle not to break the rules.

Well if you stay on topic and avoid the swear words. You will surely not get one. At least I was never scared of it. Obviously it is harder in certain types of threads.

1 Like

People have received bans without swearing. If you break the terms of service/code of conduct and are reported, you can end up receiving a time out from the forums.

Well I kinda implied (in my head, since it’s logical) that people would follow it naturally :> What I was willing to say, is that you can also write things in a way to blow off your accumulated steam, in a way that your message will go through all the while avoiding any kind of bans.

Can confirm

And those are vague at best, and since mods don’t care enough to read the threads is basically who reports first. Is a wild west in here.

The method I described is not to make a post all fluffy and remove it’s meaning. It’s just to rephrase whatever anger a poster has into an acceptable format that is permitted on the forums.

A lot more seems reportable and acted upon, compared to the old forum system. I find it’s a lot more strict now.

2 Likes

Gifs in the end aren’t that important imo.
Being able to place links to Wowhead and Wowpedia are much more useful.
I’m still saddened we can no longer post item links.

Then it seems I have a mission! :laughing: All right, thanks again!

3 Likes

have you ever appealed those ? one shouldn’t accept punishment if it is for no reason. moderators etc are people too and may have bad hair days just like us common regulars!

isn’t this part of rank 2 which is where most people would get into very quickly?

You can in rank 2 post to wowhead, youtube etc.

I did, every single time, but context matters and to get context one would have to read wow’s general forums and frankly I can’t blame anyone for not wanting to do that

Testing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omDPaS_HaBM

I’ve gotten 8+ bans so thats not related

Who would ban a cute worgen ? Did you bark on wrong tree ?

(ok, that was actually a bad joke)

If you use a female cute race avatar and put this “<3” into your every post you will get trust level 3 in no time.

This forum system right now is faulty, it needs to change. By the way I don’t see Retributor at all nowadays, what happened to my best bud? He only gives likes, is he silenced :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Youtube I’m not sure of. But my main point was that trust level 3 isn’t such a big thing xD

Trusted sites can be linked at trust level 2 :wink:

• Create Links to trusted Websites
    (Blizzard, YouTube, Twitch etc.)

And you are correct. As i said earlier - when there are links (images etc) - there’s always a R3 poster helping out anyway. And the main wow-related links trust 2 can post. And trust 2 really is very easy to achieve and is imo pretty much base line where most anyone remotely regular hoover in.

And I stick by my opinion believing R3 does not make anyone more special, relevant or better. We are all one big happy dysfunctional warcraft family here.

2 Likes

I got a day ban in April and still dont have it back. I wonder why. Whole thing is a joke.

5 was pissing off multiboxers ( Power abuse )

1 was bypassing the filters ( without realising it lol )

2 unknown

Mass posts fennec foxes

1 Like

I do hope that the last was sarcasm